On February 6, 2007, Starz Home Entertainment will summon a world of myth, magic and mayhem with the release of the animated feature, Hellboy: Sword of Storms. Based on the character created in the influential graphic novel (an exclusive 32-page limited edition comic is included with this release) and featured in the wildly successful 2004 Hellboy theatrical, Hellboy: Sword of Storms is the first of two produced full feature length films that reunites Hellboy's dramatic stars Ron Perlman, Selma Blair and Doug Jones. SRP for this exhilarating mythical adventure is $19.98 and pre-book is January 10, 2007.
Hellboy: Sword of Storms is the combined effort of Tad Stones (Buzz Lightyear of Star Command), Mike Mignola (creator of the Hellboy) and Guillermo del Toro (writer/director, Hellboy). The story begins when a professor of folklore becomes possessed by a duo of Japanese demons who plan to summon their brothers (the Dragons), to dominate the world. The Bureau for Paranormal Research and Defense sends Hellboy (Ron Perlman) and a team of agents (Selma Blair, Doug Jones) to investigate. But when Hellboy picks up a cursed samurai sword, he is swept into a dimension of ghosts and monsters. Even if he does survive this terrifying world, will he be able to defeat the two most feared spirits of Japanese legend?
Hellboy: Sword of Storms unites Mike Mignola's spirited graphics with the action and humor of Guillermo Del Toro's film, creating a sharp-edged treat for the eyes and the heart. With such an inspired combination, everyone will want to pick up Hellboy: Sword of Storms!
- To Hell And Back - How Mike Mignola Created Hellboy
- A New Breed - Creating The New Hellboy
- Conquering Hellboy - The Actor's Role
- A View From The Top - The "Heads" sequence
- Keepers of Hellboy - A Comic Con 2006 Panel Discussion
- 32 page Comic Book created by Mike Mignola
- Audio Commentary Featuring Hellboy Creator Mike Mignola, Supervising Producer/Director Tad Stones and Director Phil Weinstein
- Hellboy Goes East: A Revealing look at many of the inspirations,
backstories and secrets of Hellboy: Sword of Storms
- DVD Rom: weblinks, storyboards and more
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen Presentation (1.78:1), enhanced for 16x9 TVs
- Audio: English and Spanish Audio Track