You can hear all the Who's of Whoville on DVD and Blu-Ray this holiday season. Dr. Seuss' Horton Hears a Who will be released on DVD and Blu-Ray on December 9. The film will be released in a single-disc edition ($29.98 SRP), a two-disc special edition with Digital Copy ($34.98 SRP), a Blu-Ray edition ($39.98 SRP) and a Gift Set that includes the two-disc special edition and also comes with a Horton plush ($39.98 SRP). The film stars the voices of Jim Carrey, Steve Carell, Will Arnett and Seth Rogen.
The makers of Ice Age, and comedy giants Jim Carrey and Steve Carell, bring to life Dr. Seuss' Horton Hears a Who. An imaginative elephant named Horton (Carrey) hears a faint cry for help coming from a tiny speck of dust floating through the air. Although Horton doesn't know it yet, that speck houses an entire city named Who-ville, inhabited by the microscopic Whos, led by the Mayor (Carell). Despite being ridiculed and threatened by his neighbors who think he has lost his mind, Horton is determined to save the particle...because "a person's a person no matter how small."
- Directors' Audio Commentary w/ Jimmy Hayward and Steve Martino
- Ice Age short "Surviving Sid" - All-new animated short focusing on the Ice Age characters Sid and Scrat.
The following features are only available on the two-disc edition and Blu-Ray editions:
- Deleted Footage and Animation Screen Tests (w/ Introductions and optional audio commentaries by the directors)
- That's One Big Elephant: Animating Horton - In an animation-focused featurette, learn how Blue Sky brought Horton to life.
- Bringing the Characters to Life - Watch the animators' hilarious initial performances recorded as a reference to assist in animating the film.
- Meet Katie - Discover how the character "Katie" was developed by Blue Sky
- Elephant Fun: The Facts - Fun and informative featurette about elephants.
- Our Speck: Where Do We Fit In? - Using interviews with everyday kids, we'll learn how even small actions can help make the world a better place.
- A Person Is a Person: A Universal Message - Featuring interviews w/ cast and crew, we will take a closer look at the characters, the story and interpret the meanings of Horton Hears a Who!
Page 4 of 5
- Bringing Seuss to Screen - Learn how Hayward and Martino maintained the authentic look and feel of Dr. Seuss' world.
- The Elephant in the Room: Jim Carrey - Profile on Jim Carrey voicing Horton
- We Are Here! Game - Memory game in which you have to repeat the correct pattern of Who-noises.
- Bonus View technology "Watch Horton Hears a Who! with a Who!" - Watch the movie with the smallest 'Who' of all - Jo Jo! (Blu-Ray only)