Universal is turning up the heat in August...
A full-throttle action comedy that packs as many laughs as it does punches, Hot Fuzz comes to DVD and HD DVD Combo Disc on July 31, 2007 from Universal Studios Home Entertainment. From Rogue Pictures and Working Title Films, and created by the same off-the-wall team that produced the wildly successful zombie laugh-fest Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz puts a wickedly witty spin on action films. An exciting and hilarious homage to buddy cop movies, Hot Fuzz reteams Shaun of the Dead stars Simon Pegg (Mission: Impossible 3) and Nick Frost alongside a stellar acting ensemble that includes Oscar winner Jim Broadbent (Bridget Jones's Diary), Timothy Dalton (The Living Daylights), Martin Freeman (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy), Paul Freeman (Raiders Of The Lost Ark), Bill Nighy Pirates of Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest), and Billie Whitelaw (The Omen). Director Edgar Wright (Shaun of the Dead) co-wrote with Pegg the fast-paced, uproarious script that doesn't hold back on the thrills or chuckles. This must-own DVD will satisfy action buffs and comedy fans alike with its thrilling car chases, spectacular shoot-outs and side-splitting irreverence, plus a barrage of never-before-seen bonus features. Preorder close is July 3, 2007. The DVD is priced at $29.98 S.R.P and the HD DVD Combo Disc is priced at $39.98 S.R.P.
Nicholas Angel (Simon Pegg) is the finest cop London has to offer. With an arrest record 400% higher than any other officer on the force, he's so good that he makes everyone else look bad. As a result, Angel's superiors ship him off to the sleepy and seemingly crime-free village of Sandford. Once there, he is partnered with the well-meaning but over-eager police officer Danny Butterman (Nick Frost). The son of amiable Police Chief Frank Butterman (Jim Broadbent), Danny is a huge action-movie fan and believes his new big-city partner might just be a real-life "bad boy," giving him a chance to experience the life of gunfights and car chases he so longs for. As a series of grisly accidents rocks the village, Angel is convinced that Sandford is not what it seems. With the intrigue deepening, Danny's dreams of explosive, high-octane, car-chasing, gun fighting, all-out action seem more and more like a reality. It's time for these small-town cops to break out some big-city justice.
Directed By: Edgar Wright
Produced By: Nira Park, Tim Bevan, Eric Fellner
Written By: Edgar Wright & Simon Pegg
Cast: Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Jim Broadbent, Paddy Considine, Timothy Dalton, Anne Reid, Rafe Spall, Billie Whitelaw, Edward Woodward
Hot FuzzDVD and HD DVD Combo Disc include:
- Deleted Scenes With Filmmaker Commentary - For fans who just can't get enough Hot Fuzz, more than 20 minutes of deleted scenes with exclusive filmmaker commentary!
- The Fuzzball Rally: US Tour Piece -- Follow Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, and Edgar Wright on their nationwide U.S. press tour.
- The Man Who Would Be Fuzz -- Simon Pegg and Nick Frost hit their marks as Sean Connery and Michael Caine playing out a scene from the movie.
- Fuzz-O-Meter -- Fuzz fanatics can access a special trivia track during the film for a running recount of little-known facts about the film and its stars.
- Audio Commentary With Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright
- Hot Funk -- Montage of clips using the "clean" dialogue from the TV and airline version of the film.
- Danny's Notebook: The Other Side
- Theatrical Trailers
- Easter Egg Video Clip
- Running Time: 2 Hours 1 Minute
- Layers: Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 2.35:1
- Rating: R
- Rating Reason: Strong Language & Violence
- Audio: English: Dolby Digital 5.1 / French: Dolby Digital 5.1
- Subtitles: English SDH, Spanish, French