Jam packed with new scenes and bonus features, Columbia Tri Star is releasing Michael Moore’s documentary Fahrenheit 9/11 to DVD October 5 as Moore planned shortly before Election Day. The DVD will retail at $28.95.
Fahrenheit 9/11 won the 2004 Palme D'Or at the Cannes Film Festival and upon its release in June was the first documentary in history to debut at number one on the theater charts with $24 million in just the opening weekend. To date, the film has shattered the record for a regular-format documentary by grossing $115 million at the box office.
Moore’s film lost its theatrical distributors last spring when Disney refused to let the subsidiary Miramax handle the film due to the political content. Harvey and Bob Weinstein, Miramax co chiefs, bought the rights to Fahrenheit 9/11 for $6 million and lined up distribution through Lion Gates and IFC films.
- Featurette: "The Release of Fahrenheit 9/11"
- "The people of Iraq on the eve of invasion": a montage of images
- Deleted Scenes which include "Homeland Security, "Miami Style," and "Outside Abu Ghraib Prison"
- An eyewitness account from Samara, Iraq
- Abdul Henderson’s extended interview
- Footage of Lila Lipscomb at the Washington DC premiere
- Arab American comedians: Their acts and experiences after 9/11
- Condoleezza Rice's 9/11 Commission testimony
- George W. Bush's Rose Garden press briefing after his appearance before the 9/11 Commission
Dont't forget to also check out: Fahrenheit 9/11