Nineteen years after chasing down the Holy Grail in Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade, Harrison Ford will return to the big screen in the character of the globe-trotting archeologist in May 2008, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

After years spent in script development, a fourth installment of the famously successful franchise is set to begin production in June in locations around the world and in the U.S.

Although he has been developing other projects, including a biopic about Abraham Lincoln with Liam Neeson attached to star, Spielberg has decided the "Indiana Jones" sequel will be his next directorial outing.

Related: John Carl Buechler, Horror Effects Legend & Director, Dies at 66

"George, Harrison and I are all very excited," Spielberg said. "We feel that the script was well worth the wait. We hope it delivers everything you'd expect from our history with Indiana Jones."

The film will be produced by Lucasfilm Ltd. and released worldwide by Paramount Pictures, the parent company of DreamWorks.

David Koepp, who has penned such previous Spielberg projects as Jurassic Park and War of the Worlds, wrote the screenplay that finally got the stamp of approval from Lucas and Spielberg. An earlier screenplay by Frank Darabont had been shelved when Lucas turned thumbs down on it.

Although a spokesman for Spielberg said Monday that no casting has begun, Lucas and Ford have said that they would like to include Sean Connery, who played Indiana Jones' father, Professor Henry Jones, in "The Last Crusade." "We are writing him in whether he wants to do it or not," Lucas told Access Hollywood last June.

It also is not known whether the project will be shot digitally, like Lucas' recent Star Wars movies, or on film, the medium Spielberg prefers.

Dont't forget to also check out: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Cinemark Movie Club