Paramount Pictures has released the final trailer for the highly-anticipated Interstellar, along with a featurette showcasing the film's scientific advisor Kip Thorne. The studio has also announced that director Christopher Nolan's sci-fi thriller will open in select IMAX theaters on November 5, ahead of its conventional release on November 7. Fans can start purchasing tickets today through the new website Interstellar.WithGoogle.com, where they can also unlock more exclusive materials. Take a look at the official press release below before checking out the trailer and featurette.
Here's what Paramount Vice Chairman Rob Moore had to say in a statement.
"To see Christopher Nolan's Interstellar on the big screen is an unforgettable movie going experience. From IMAX to traditional film and digital projection, we are pleased that audiences will have the opportunity to see this awe-inspiring film in a wide variety of formats and we are very excited to be making the film available 2-days early for moviegoers."
Interstellar was shot using a combination of 35mm anamorphic film and 65mm IMAX film to maximize the crispness and clarity of the image and give the audience a truly cinematic and immersive experience. These advance engagements highlight those theaters presenting Interstellar in its native formats.
On Wednesday, November 5th, 2014, Interstellar opens in the following film formats:
- Select IMAX theaters will be offering The IMAX Experience® featuring 15 perf/70mm film projection which combines the brightest, clearest images at almost 10 times the resolution of standard projection formats, with powerful, laser-aligned digital sound and customized theatre geometry to create the world's most immersive movie experience. Select sequences will expand to fill the entire screen and will deliver unprecedented crispness and clarity.
- Interstellar in the 70mm film format offers brighter, clearer image, with three times the resolution of standard projection formats, using the process of projecting light through celluloid to deliver clear images in rich analog color with state-of-the-art digital sound.
- The 35mm film presentations project light through the 35mm frame to deliver clear, high resolution images with rich analog color combined with state-of-the-art digital sound in most locations.
Tickets for these advance showings on November 5th are available today at Interstellar.WithGoogle.com and at participating theater box offices. Tickets are also available for the nationwide release on Friday, November 7th, 2014, when Interstellar opens in theaters everywhere including its digital engagements:
- IMAX digital projection uses dual projectors with sub-pixel alignment to produce clear, high contrast images with powerful, laser-aligned digital sound and customized theatre geometry, creating the world's most immersive digital movie experience. Select sequences will expand to fill the entire screen.
- The film in 4K digital projection produces a clear, bright, high resolution image with absolute stability and cleanliness, combined with uncompressed digital sound for a powerful movie-going experience.
- Digital projection presents a clear, bright, stable image that never degrades in terms of cleanliness or fidelity and uses uncompressed digital sound for a powerful movie-going experience.
Interstellar stars Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway, Jessica Chastain, Bill Irwin, Ellen Burstyn, John Lithgow and Michael Caine. With our time on Earth coming to an end, a team of explorers undertakes the most important mission in human history; traveling beyond this galaxy to discover whether mankind has a future among the stars. Directed by Christopher Nolan, written by Jonathan Nolan and Christopher Nolan, and produced by Emma Thomas, Christopher Nolan and Lynda Obst.