After just two seasons, it seems that the new centerpiece of a long-running USA Network series is leaving the show. Variety reports that Jeff Goldblum has left the USA series Law & Order: Criminal Intent.
The trade reports that Goldblum's reps informed them that the actor had, "made up his mind" to leave the show and that the decision wasn't a negotiating tactic. While the decision was said to be "amicable," the actor's reps revealed that his decision to leave the show was, "due to the uncertainty" of the series' future.
Goldblum had been on the series for the past two seasons and took over as the lead centerpiece of the show after the top trio of Vincent D'Onofrio, Kathryn Erbe and Eric Bogosian left the show after the eighth season. The ninth season, which wrapped up on July 6, saw Goldblum take the lead in the series and also featured new casting additions Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio and Saffron Burrows.
USA still hasn't decided on whether or not to give Law & Order: Criminal Intent a 10th season yet, although it was said that the ratings significantly decreased over this past season.
We'll be sure to keep you posted with any further details on the fate of Law & Order: Criminal Intent as soon as we have more information.