The time has finally come. Universal Studios Hollywood, in something of a surprise announcement, revealed that Jurassic World: The Ride is now open to the public. We were already made aware that the attraction was going to open sometime this summer, and the revamped outside area in front of the new ride has been slowly opening over the last few weeks, but Universal decided not to have some splashy build-up to the reveal of this attraction based on the new Jurassic World trilogy. Instead, they've simply opened the gates.
Recently, the Universal Studios theme park has been allowing certain members of the public, as well as friends and family of employees, to ride the newly revamped attraction as something of a soft opening/tech rehearsal for the full-blown public opening. Apparently, those all went quite well, as it was revealed in a press release sent out by Universal Studios that their latest attraction is now open for business. So those who have been waiting can finally plan your next vacation.
Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard and B.D. Wong are reprising their roles as Owen, Claire and Dr. Henry Wu, respectively, for Jurassic World: The Ride. Additionally, the Mosasaur will be making an appearance in a state of the art, massive tank. Plus, the Indominous Rex has been added to the attraction. In addition to the ride itself, Universal has added a ton of new attractions to increase the Jurassic World franchise footprint at the park.
- Here's what visitors can expect:
- • Raptor Encounter: Meet Blue the Velociraptor and the friendly new Triceratops at the Raptor Encounter.
- • DinoPlay: Discover the interactive DinoPlay for kids area with new activities for our younger guests.
- • Isla Nu-Bar: Enjoy a selection of tropical inspired refreshments at the Isla Nu-bar with a tiki cocktail beneath the shady thatched roof.
- • Jurassic Café: Whether you have the appetite of a T. rex or just want to nibble, Jurassic Café is the perfect spot for a tasty bite of Costa Rican inspired cuisine.
- • Jurassic Outfitters: Commemorate the day you survived Jurassic World: The Ride with collectibles from Jurassic Outfitters, including t-shirts, hats, drinkware and jewelry.
This serves as a replacement for the long-standing Jurassic Park: The Ride, which had been in operation for more than 20 years before it was closed down last year. Universal decided it was best to go with the hot hand, as the two Jurassic World movies have grossed around $3 billion at the global box office, with a third entry on the way. Plus, technology has come a long way in the past two decades.
Videos of the ride have already been popping up on YouTube, for those who maybe don't have the patience to wait. This could be a good way for fans to kill time until Jurassic World 3 actually gets underway. Colin Trevorrow is set to return to the director's chair for the third installment, which is slated to arrive in theaters on June 11, 2021. For those who wish to actually have a go at Jurassic World: The Ride, head on over to the official Universal Studios Hollywood website for more information.