The newly formed Justice League members Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman discover another super hero on the planet - Aquaman - and the group must band together to prevent a war between the inhabitants of land and sea as Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, Warner Bros. Animation, and DC Entertainment unleash Justice League: Throne of Atlantis. Packed with non-stop action, the brand-new 75-minute DC Universe Original Movie comes to Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD and Digital HD on January 27, 2015.
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis will be available on Blu-ray Combo Pack for $24.98 SRP and on DVD for $19.98 SRP. The Blu-ray Combo Pack includes a digital version of the movie on Digital HD with UltraViolet.* Fans can also own Justice League: Throne of Atlantis in Digital HD on January 13 via purchase from digital retailers.
In Justice League: Throne of Atlantis, Cyborg discovers an imminent threat in the depths of the oceans so powerful that it rallies together the newly formed Justice League. Meanwhile, wandering thousands of feet above the ocean floor is drifter Arthur Curry, a man with strange powers who may be the last chance to bridge the ancient Atlantean world with our own. Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and the rest of the Justice League must band together as they face off against warmongering Orm, an army of sea creatures, otherworldly weapons and perilous odds. In this all-new epic adventure from the DC Universe, mankind's only hope of escaping from the darkness lies with the guiding light of a man - Aquaman!
Here's what Mary Ellen Thomas, WBHE Vice President, Family & Animation Marketing and Partner Brands, had to say about Justice League: Throne of Atlantis in a statement.
"We are thrilled to introduce this exciting new Justice League film to fans with the release of Justice League: Throne of Atlantis. As the Justice League saga continues to expand, fans are looking for exciting new adventures for this vibrant group of super heroes and this brand-new film is sure to deliver!"
The celebrity laden cast features primetime television stars Matt Lanter (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, 90210) at Aquaman, Sam Witwer (Being Human, Star Wars: The Clone Wars) as Orm, Jason O'Mara (Terra Nova, Vegas, Life on Mars) as Batman, Christopher Gorham (Covert Affairs) as Flash, Nathan Fillion (Castle) as Green Lantern, Shemar Moore (Criminal Minds) as Cyborg, Rosario Dawson (Sin City) as Wonder Woman, Jerry O'Connell (Crossing Jordan, Stand By Me) as Superman, Sean Astin (The Lord of the Rings Trilogy) as Shazam, Sumalee Montano (Beware the Batman, Transformers: Prime) as Mera, Sirena Irwin (Superman: Unbound) as Queen Atlanna, and Harry Lennix (Man of Steel, The Blacklist) as Manta.
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis delivers an action-packed addition to the ongoing series of DC Universe Original Movies, which have shipped more than 14 million units to date. The film features brand-new extra content for collectors and fans alike.
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis Blu-ray contains the following special features:
- Scoring Atlantis: The Sound of the Deep - Every great film needs a great musical score. Filled with emotion, music takes us on a dynamic journey as we adventure with the hero. Throne of Atlantis takes us on that quest through the eyes of Arthur Curry.
- - Robin and Nightwing Bonus Sequence - Producer James Tucker provides video commentary for this exciting bonus sequence where Robin and Nightwing join forces.
- - Throne of Atlantis: 2014 New York Comic Con Panel - The entire, lively one-hour panel discussion between actor Matt Lanter, producer James Tucker, screenwriter Heath Corson, character designer Phil Bourassa and dialogue director Andrea Romano.
- - Villains of the Deep - From Ocean Master to Black Manta to King Shark, each villain operates from his own deep sense of conviction, presenting an incredible challenge for the hero in Arthur Curry, aka Aquaman. This documentary goes into the biographical details of the villains.
- - A Sneak Peak at Batman vs. Robin - An advance look at the next DC Universe Original Movie with the creators and cast.
- - Bonus cartoons from the DC Comics Vault
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis DVD contains the following special features:
- A Sneak Peak at Batman vs. Robin - An advance look at the next DC Universe Original Movie with the creators and cast.
- - Bonus cartoons from the DC Comics Vault