You can bring home the original 1933 beloved classic in high definition for the first time this September. King Kong will make it's debut on the Blu-ray format on September 28. This new BD set will be priced at $34.99 SRP and will come in the Digibook format with a 32-page book filled with photos, trivia and more. This newly-remastered film will also contain new footage that wasn't shown in its 1933 original run and the 1956 theatrical re-release as well. The film stars Robert Armstrong, Fay Wray and Bruce Cabot.
Robert Armstrong stars as movie producer Carl Denham who travels to a mysterious, uncharted island in search of material for his next film. Also aboard are unemployed actress Ann Darrow (Fay Wray) and adventurer Jack Driscoll (Bruce Cabot). Once the crew reaches Skull Island they discover it is home to prehistoric beasts including Kong, a giant ape who becomes obsessed with the crew's blonde starlet. King Kong teems with memorable moments, from the audience's first glance at the giant ape to his last stand atop the Empire State Building.
- Commentary by Ray Harryhausen and Ken Ralston, with Merian C. Cooper and Fay Wray
- - Merian C. Cooper Movies Trailer Gallery
- - I'm King Kong! The Exploits of Merian C. Cooper (2005 documentary)
- - RKO Production 601: The Making of Kong, Eighth Wonder of the World
- - Creation Test Footage with Commentary by Ray Harryhausen