Warner Home Video and Kids' WB! are set to release four episodes from the hot new series Legion of the Superheroes, Vol. 1, inspired by the legend of DC Comics' Superman on August 28, 2007. This new brew of DC Super Heroes is young, bright and unpredictable. The futuristic team that is the Legion of the Superheroes, Vol. 1 features Superman, Lightning Lad, Saturn Girl, Timber Wolf, Brainiac 5, Bouncing Boy and Phantom Girl and will be available for $14.97.
Recently named Wizard Magazine's "Best Animated Series" of 2006, Legion of the Superheroes, Vol. 1 currently airs on the Kids' WB! on The CW, the No.1 rated Saturday morning kids broadcast lineup. The new series features the most renowned super powered teenagers in the 31st century, but the crew is faced with more than they can handle in the battle against their evil nemeses, the Fatal Five. Their only resolution is to unite forces with the legendary Superman. Unfortunately, the team miscalculates their journey back in time and finds Superman as the young and insecure Clark Kent, unaware of his superhuman capabilities. Over time, Superman discovers his powers and returns with the Legion to embark on a series of battles and challenges with the rest of the Legionnaires. Produced by James Tucker (Co-Producer of Justice League Unlimited), Linda Steiner (Producer of Teen Titans: Trouble in Tokyo) and Sander Schwartz (Executive Producer of Teen Titans), Legion of the Superheroes, Vol. 1 is inspired by DC Comics' history.
"We are pleased to release the first four episodes of the highly successful Kids WB! new series for the first time ever on DVD," said Dorinda Marticorena, WHV Vice President of Family, Animation & Sports Marketing. "These teenage characters provide an entertaining and original aspect to the series as kids get to see what it's like to be a young Super Hero."
Legion of the Superheroes, Vol. 1 will be available on DVD with approx. 88 minutes of four 22-minute episodes:
- "Man of Tomorrow" - In their mission to travel back in time to retrieve Superman, the legion goes a little too far and discover a young Clark Kent before his super powers are realized.
- "Timber Wolf"- Dark secrets are discovered when a scientist calls on the legion for their help in capturing a dangerous creature.
- "Legacy"- Superman's new friend, Alexis, wants to be Superman's only friend.
- "Phantoms" - A teenager with the same powers as Superman is unleashed from a portal to a phantom dimension, where the Legionnaires become trapped.
- We Are Legion -- The Legionnaires from the pages of DC Comics are back, this time in animated form. Looking at the rich history of storylines, characters, and classic team driven tales of action and adventure, the Legion of the Superheroes, Vol. 1 is updated for today's audience. Featuring an interview with Paul Levitz, President & Publisher of DC Comics, and former writer on the Legion of Super Heroes comic book.