Fox has ordered a third season of the hit culinary competition series Masterchef, it was announced today by Mike Darnell, President of Alternative Entertainment, Fox Broadcasting Company.
Chef Gordon Ramsay will once again give talented amateur cooks the chance to prove to him, and to fellow judges, restaurateur Joe Bastianich (Del Posto, Eataly) and Chef Graham Elliot (Graham Elliot, Grahamwich), that they have what it takes to make their mark on the culinary world. In the series, Ramsay, Bastianich and Elliot coach and critique the amateur cooks in a series of challenges designed to test their palates, knowledge and determination to follow their dreams of making a mark in the culinary world.
Masterchef will travel to more cities than ever before to uncover the country's very best amateur cooks. Open casting calls begin Saturday, Oct. 29 in the following cities:
- Los Angeles - Saturday, Oct. 29 - Le Cordon Bleu 6370 Sunset Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90028 - 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- - Boston - Saturday, Nov. 5 - TBA
- - Miami - Saturday, Nov. 5 - TBA
- - Atlanta- Saturday, Nov. 12 - TBA
- - Washington, D.C. - Saturday, Nov. 12 - TBA
- - Austin - Saturday, Nov. 19 - TBA
- - Savannah, GA - Saturday, Nov. 19 - TBA
- - Chicago - Saturday, Dec. 3 - TBA
- - Seattle - Saturday, Dec. 3 - TBA
- - New York - Saturday, Dec. 10 - TBA
- - San Francisco - Saturday, Dec. 10 - TBA
Additional venues will be announced soon.
Over the past two seasons, the $250,000 grand prize and title of Masterchef have gone to Jennifer Behm, a realtor from Wilmington, DE; and Whitney Miller, a student from Poplarville, MS. Since winning the show, Whitney Miller released her first cookbook, while Jennifer Behm is currently writing a cookbook and already has established a successful private catering company.
Additional casting information, including forms and eligibility requirements, are available online at MasterchefCasting.com.
Masterchef is produced by Reveille and One Potato Two Potato and is based on a format created by Franc Roddam and Shine. Shine International handles distribution for the Masterchef format. Elisabeth Murdoch, Robin Ashbrook, Gordon Ramsay, Adeline Ramage Rooney, Patricia Llewellyn and Ben Adler serve as executive producers. Become a fan of the series on Facebook at Facebook.com/Masterchef and follow the series on Twitter @masterchefonfox.