McFarlane Toys announces plans to make a line of action figures based on the classic 1966 animated movie, Dr. Seuss' How The Grinch Stole Christmas!
Written by legendary children's author Dr. Seuss, How the Grinch Stole Christmas!, has been delighting people of all ages for 40 years. It's the story of an anti-Santa creature named The Grinch (with a heart two sizes too small) who tries - and fails - to stop Christmas in Whoville, home of the merry and warm-hearted Whos. The animated perennial favorite has averaged 6.4 million viewers for each airing over the past five years.
McFarlane Toys' How the Grinch Stole Christmas action figure line will feature characters re-created in the inimitable Suess style - a perfect match for the detail and precise sculpting McFarlane Toys is known for.
McFarlane Toys' first series of How the Grinch Stole Christmas figures will be available in 3- and 6-inch scale of the following fan-favorite scenes:
- Two Sizes too Small: The Grinch standing with his hands on his hips, wearing an evil grin
- You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch: The Grinch removing stockings from the mantle a Whoville fireplace
- All I Need Is a Reindeer: The Grinch tying antlers on his dog's Max's head
- Cindy Lou Who: The endearing small whoville child
(3-inch Approximate retail price: $4.99; 6-inch Approximate retail price: $11.99; All Available: Fall 2007)
- Mount Crumpet Boxed Set: The Grinch and Max with the sleigh
(Approximate retail price: $24.99; Available: Fall 2007)
The new McFarlane Toys' How the Grinch Stole Christmas! action figure line will be available through a licensing agreement entered with Warner Bros. Consumer Products related to the 1966 animated television special.
Stay tuned to spawn.com as more information is unveiled at a later date.
Dont't forget to also check out: Dr. Seuss' How The Grinch Stole Christmas