It is a great day for Monty Python fans!
In a story from DVD Times, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment will be releasing Monty Python's the Life of Brian (The Immaculate Edition) on November 6th.
Monty Python delivers a scathing, anarchic satire of both religion and Hollywood's depiction of all things biblical with their second film. The setting is Judea 33 A.D, a time of poverty and chaos, with no shortage of messiahs, followers willing to believe in them, and exasperated Romans trying to impose some order. At the centre of it all is Brian Cohen (Graham Chapman), a reluctant would-be messiah who rises to prominence as a result of a series of absurd and truly hilarious circumstances providing ample opportunity for the entire ensemble (John Cleese, Eric Idle, Terry Gilliam, Terry Jones, Michael Palin, and Chapman) to shine in multiple roles as they mock everyone and everything from ex-lepers, Pontius Pilate, the art of haggling to crazy prophets, Roman centurions, and crucifixion.
- The Story of Brian - An All-New Hour-Long Revelation from Monty Python
- The Readthrough - An original illustrated 110 minute recording by The Pythons of their early screenplay in progress
- Four illustrated vintage theatrical radio ads featuring the voices of Mrs. Cleese, Mrs. Idle, Mrs. Gilliam and Michael Palin's dentist
- Deleted Scenes:
- A) "Shepherds" (digitally enhanced)
- B) "Pilate's Wife"
- C) "Otto"
- D) "The Sign that is the Sign"
- E) "Souvenir Salesman"
- Audio Commentary with Terry Gilliam, Eric Idle & Terry Jones
- Audio Commentary with John Cleese & Michael Palin
- Digitally Remastered
Monty Python's the Life of Brian (The Immaculate Edition) will sell for $24.96.
Dont't forget to also check out: Life of Brian