You can bring home the critically acclaimed directorial debut of Duncan Jones on DVD and Blu-ray early next year. Moon will be released on DVD and Blu-ray on January 12, 2010. The DVD will be priced at $27.96 SRP, while the BD will go for $37.95 SRP. The film stars Sam Rockwell, Dominique McElligott, Kaya Scodelario and the voice of Kevin Spacey.
Sam Bell (Sam Rockwell) is nearing the completion of his 3-year-long contract with Lunar Industries, mining Earth's primary source of energy on the dark side of the moon. Alone with only the base's vigilant computer Gerty (voiced by Oscar-Winner Kevin Spacey, 1999 Best Actor, American Beauty) as his sole companion, Bell's extended isolation has taken its toll. His only link to the outside world comes from satellite messages from his wife and young daughter. He longs to return home, but a terrible accident on the lunar surface leads to a disturbing discovery that contributes to his growing sense of paranoia and dislocation so many miles away from home. Moon is an engrossing, intelligent sci-fi thriller that ranks with genre classics like 2001: A Space Odyssey.
- Commentary with Writer/Director Duncan Jones, Director of Photography Gary Shaw, Concept Designer Gavin Rothery and Production Designer Tony Noble
- - "Whistle" a Short Film by Duncan Jones
- - Commentary with Writer/Director Duncan Jones and Producer Stuart Fenegan
- - The Making of Moon
- - Creating the Visual Effects
- - Science Center Q&A with Director Duncan Jones
- - Filmmaker's Q&A at the Sundance Film Festival