November 28 is going to be a special day as Superman Returns flys to DVD!
Following a mysterious absence of several years, the Man of Steel comes back to Earth in the epic action-adventure Superman Returns, a soaring new chapter in the saga of one of the world's most beloved Super Heroes. While an old enemy plots to render him powerless once and for all, Superman (Brandon Routh) faces the heartbreaking realization that the woman he loves, Lois Lane (Kate Bosworth), has moved on with her life. Or has she? Superman's bittersweet return challenges him to bridge the distance between
them while finding a place in a society that has learned to survive without him. In an attempt to protect the world he loves from cataclysmic destruction, Superman embarks on an epic journey of redemption that takes him from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of outer space.
The fight for truth and justice continues when Superman Returns soars onto DVD November 28th from Warner Home Video. Superman Returns delivers an epic story, spectacular special effects, and exhilarating action that will leave you breathless. Directed by Bryan Singer (X-Men I & II, Usual Suspects), Superman Returns features powerful performances from newcomer Brandon Routh, Kate Bosworth (Blue Crush, Beyond the Sea) and two-time Academy Award winner Kevin Spacey (American Beauty, Usual Suspects).
The Two-Disc Special Edition is filled with over three hours of bonus features, including more than ten revealing additional scenes with characters and plotlines never before seen and a "Resurrecting Jor-El" featurette. A multi-part, nearly 3-hour documentary "Requiem for Krypton: Making Superman Returns" takes you on an in-depth, behind the scenes journey of the making of this momentous film with visionary director Singer and crew. Viewers will experience what it was actually like to be part of the production on location in Australia. The documentary uncovers the secrets behind some of the most astonishing, effects-laden scenes in the film, including the shuttle accident, the Metropolis disaster and the formation of New Krypton. The Two-Disc Special Edition comes encased in collectible, embossed, gold foil o-sleeve packaging.
Superman Returns marks a day-and-date release for HD and Blu-ray. The HD version will be an HD DVD Combo Disc (High Definition DVD on one side and SD DVD on the other side) with the film in MLP audio and all special features on the HD side and film only on the standard DVD side. The Blu-ray version offers the film and all special features.
Warner Home Video HD DVDs and Blu-ray Discs offer resolution six times higher than standard definition DVDs, as well as extraordinarily vibrant contrast and color and beautifully crisp sound. The new formats also provide a higher level of interactivity, with instant access to extra features via a seamless menu-bar where viewers can enjoy features without leaving or interrupting the film.
Superman Returns will be available at $28.98 SRP in both widescreen and full frame formats. The Special Edition will be available in widescreen format for $34.99 SRP. The HD Combo will be available at $39.99 SRP and the Blu-ray version will be available at $34.99 SRP.
The Single Disc version of Superman Returns contains the theatrical version of the film.
The Two-Disc Special Edition contains the theatrical version of the film on Disc 1 and over three hours of special features on Disc 2, including:
- The Date: Ma Kent plays a game with her new man
- Family Photos: Clark reminisces over family photos-
- Crash Landing/ X-Ray Vision: Clark discovers he can fly and he has x-ray vision
- Old Newspapers: Clark realizes what happened while he was gone
- Are You Two Dating?: Clark discovers his mother is dating
- Martinis and Wigs: Lex and Kitty bicker
- I'm Always Right: Once again, Lex is right
- Jimmy the Lush: Jimmy and Clark discuss Lois at the bar
- Language Barrier: Japanese talkshow makes fun of Superman
- Crystal Feet: Having a bad day
- New Krypton: Lois names the new planet
- Easter Egg: Lex Luthor's "Wrong" Montage
- "Requiem for Krypton: Making Superman Returns" multi-part
- Secret Origins and First Issues: Crystallizing Superman
- The Crystal Method: Designing Superman
- An Affinity for Beachfront Property: Shooting Superman
- Superman on the Farm
- Superman in the City
- Superman in Peril
- The Joy of Lex: Menacing Superman
- He's Always Around: Wrapping Superman
- "Resurrecting Jor-El" Featurette
- 3D rendering of Marlon Brando's face for the Fortress of Solitude scene
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Subtitles: English, French, Spanish
- Running time: 157 minutes
- Rating: PG-13
- Rating Reason: intense action violence
- Audio: Dolby Surround
Dont't forget to also check out: Superman Returns