Before anyone had heard of Rory Gilmore, Dawson Leery, Felicity Porter or Buffy Summers, America's most-beloved 15-year old high school sophomore was Angela Chase. Angela, her family and her group of friends were introduced with My So-Called Life, the highly celebrated TV series that launched the careers of Golden Globe-winner Claire Danes, Jared Leto and Wilson Cruz. Impacting a generation, this triggered a revolution of teen-angst oriented dramas seen on today's prime-time television.
On October 30, 2007, Shout! Factory will release My So-Called Life: The Complete Series DVD, featuring all nineteen episodes and a full disc of hours of bonus features that illuminate the origin, life and afterlife of this Emmy-nominated benchmark series with all-new interviews, episode commentaries and archival footage featuring the original cast and creators. Moreover, Shout! Factory invites viewers and fans to further immerse themselves in a 40-page color book, highlighted by a special introduction by show creator Winnie Holzman, special tributes by Janeane Garofalo and Joss Whedon, and much more! Poised to satisfy the appetite of My So-Called Life and Claire Danes fans for ritual viewing and priced to own at $69.99, this uncompromising six-disc DVD box set with a commemorative book are collected in a specially designed collector's box with a embossed, case-bound cover.
Hailed by critics and fans alike as the most groundbreaking television show of the 1990s, My So-Called Life not only launched a revolution of teen angst-oriented dramas on prime-time television, but also raised the bar for television shows about coming-of age and life's transitions. Unafraid to explore any subject, no matter how controversial, the series tackles topical issues such as sexuality, alcoholism, homelessness, school violence, adultery, homophobia, child abuse, censorship and drug use.
Created by Winnie Holzman (thirtysomething) and executive produced by Marshall Herskovitz (thirtysomethingi) and Edward Zwick (Blood Diamond), My So-Called Life boasts a stellar cast including Claire Danes, Jared Leto, Wilson Cruz, A.J. Langer, Devon Gummersall, Devon Odessa, Bess Armstrong, Tom Irwin and Lisa Wilhoit. Whether you've memorized every line, or it's your very first time, My So-Called Life remains as fresh and honest today as when it premiered. My So-Called Life premiered on ABC Thursday, August 25, 1994, from The Bedford Falls Company in association with ABC Productions, Inc.
- "My So-Called Life: The Complete Series Story"
- The amazing story of the origins, life and afterlife of the series.
- 1995 Museum of Television and Radio Panel
- "A Conversation with Claire Danes and Winnie Holzman"
- "The Characters" - Exploring the backstories and relationships of the characters.
- An exclusive interview with Claire Danes
- Photo gallery
- "The Music" with composer Snuffy Walden
- Deluxe book accompanies set and includes original art alongside full-color cast photos and liner notes from Winnie Holzman, Joss Whedon, Janeane Garofalo, and Michele Byers (author and co-editor of new book Dear Angela: Remembering My So-Called Life - due out this year).