Universal Studios Home Entertainment has announced that Neighbors will debut on Digital HD August 12 before arriving on Blu-ray and DVD September 23. The studio has released a Blu-ray trailer for the hit summer comedy starring Seth Rogen and Zac Efron, which reveals that the Blu-ray and DVD will include an alternate opening that wasn't seen in theaters. Take a look at the trailer, then check out the official press release for more details regarding the Blu-ray and DVD release.
Neighbors Blu-ray artwork
Good fences aren't nearly enough to keep things neighborly when a non-stop rager breaks out in the suburbs next door to sleep-deprived new parents in the comedy blockbuster, Neighbors, available on Digtial HD August 12, 2014 from Universal Studios Home Entertainment. The outrageously funny comedy will arrive on Blu-ray Combo Pack including Blu-ray, DVD, Digital HD with UltraViolet™ and On Demand September 23, 2014. Both the Digital HD and Blu-ray include a never-before-seen uproarious Alternate Opening that Yahoo! Movies' Kevin Polowy hails as "explosively funny." The Alternate Opening reveals just how the boys of Delta Psi Beta came to suburbia. The Neighbors Blu-ray Combo Pack will also include additional bonus features including a Gag Reel, Line-O-Rama, Behind The Scenes interviews and more.
Director Nick Stoller (Get Him to the Greek, Forgetting Sarah Marshall) breaks out the bros, booze, and babes in an over-the-top laugh-fest critics have praised as "hilariously funny from beginning to end" (ComingSoon.net). Seth Rogen (This Is the End, 50/50), Zac Efron (The Lucky One, That Awkward Moment) and Rose Byrne (Bridesmaids, the Insidious series) star in a comedy about a young couple suffering from arrested development who are forced to live next to a fraternity house after the birth of their newborn baby. High-octane antics are also supplied by a supporting cast that includes comedy all-stars Dave Franco (21 Jump Street, Now You See Me), Christopher Mintz-Plasse (This Is the End, Superbad), Jerrod Carmichael (The Goodwin Games, upcoming Untitled Jerrod Carmichael Project) and Craig Roberts (Submarine, Jane Eyre) in a movie hailed by critics as "this generation's Animal House" (Aint It Cool News).
The Blu-ray Combo Pack includes a Blu-ray, DVD and Digital HD with UltraViolet.
- Blu-ray unleashes the power of your HDTV and is the best way to watch movies at home, featuring 6X the picture resolution of DVD, exclusive extras and theater-quality surround sound.
- - DVD offers the flexibility and convenience of playing movies in more places, both at home and away.
- - Digital HD with UltraViolet lets fans watch movies anywhere on their favorite devices. Users can instantly stream or download.
Bonus Features Exclusive to Digital HD and Blu-ray:
- Alternate Opening: Uncover the mystery of how the original Delta Psi Beta house was destroyed and how the neighbors became neighbors.
- - Deleted/Alternate Scenes
- - On the Set with...: Dave Franco provides a tour around the frat's fundraiser (aka dildo sale), while Christopher Mintz-Plasse talks about and demonstrates his special "prop".
Blu-ray and DVD Bonus Features:
- Gag Reel: The entire cast contributes to these hilarious on-set flubs.
- - Line-O-Rama: The laughs continue take after take in this improvisational extended scene!
- - An Unlikely Pair: Take a behind-the-scenes look at the unlikely pairing of comedic veteran Seth Rogen and heartthrob Zac Efron.
- - Partying with the Neighbors: Parties, babies and crazy friends; these three elements lead to some of the funniest moments on the screen and on set.
- - The Frat: Learn more about Delta Psi Beta - the current frat brothers, the legends of Delta Psi that came before, and current whipping boy, Ass-Juice.
By all appearances, new parents Mac (Seth Rogen) and Kelly Radner (Rose Byrne) are living the American Dream - complete with an adorable baby girl and a beautiful new starter home in the suburbs. Still, the early-thirtysomethings want to believe they have a modicum of coolness left within them. So when they discover that their new next-door neighbors are none other than dozens of Delta Psi Beta fraternity brothers led by charismatic president Teddy Sanders (Zac Efron), they try to make the best of an awkward situation. But when the frat's parties grow increasingly more epic, both sides of the property line begin to fend for their turf. The neighbors' relentless sabotage escalates into outrageous one-upmanship, beginning a Greek war for the ages. Also stars Dave Franco and Christopher Mintz-Plasse.