Nikita: Code Breaker is a new interactive online game - live now - that enables fans of The CW's hit series Nikita to engage in missions, crack codes and, eventually, unlock one of the series' notorious black boxes, where government-related secrets are stored. Plus, enter for a chance to win a trip for two to Toronto to visit the set of Nikita.
- Free and accessible for everyone to play, the game is based on the hit Warner Bros. Television series Nikita (Fridays 8/7c on The CW), currently in the midst of its second season
- - Featuring directives from series star Shane West - in character as Michael, an operative gone rogue - the game's first missions are currently live and can be played at CWTV.com/Kia; new missions will be available each Friday, to coincide with the show's broadcast schedule
- - Presented by the Kia Optima midsize sedan, the game's missions showcase the car's graphics and technology, utilizing GPS coordinates to locate targets
- - The game will run for the duration of the series' second season; the sweepstakes for a chance to win a set visit will end on March 19, 2012 (one need not play the game to enter)
- - Viewers who need their Nikita fix any day of the week can watch season one and two of Nikita via Hulu or stream season one via Netflix
"Warner Bros. Television is always looking for ways to bring its fans more opportunities to engage with their favorite shows, and what better way to reward Nikita fans than to give them the chance to be armchair operatives and assist with missions!" said Lisa Gregorian, Chief Marketing Officer, Warner Bros. Television Group. "We encourage viewers of Nikita to have a more immersive experience and engage in Nikita: Code Breaker. Plus, fans can share their activity with friends on Facebook as they play."
"Kia Motors has been a great partner in allowing us to create unique opportunities for Nikita fans to interact with the show beyond the weekly episodes," said Alison Tarrant, Executive Vice President, Integrated Sales & Marketing, The CW. "In addition to the new Nikita: Code Breaker game, we have also launched an exciting mobile game, the Nikita Spy Puzzles app for the iPhone and iPad. Kia Motors has worked with us to create authentic experiences so viewers can really feel immersed in the show."
About Nikita: Code Breaker
- This interactive online game, which can be found at CWTV.com/Kia, offers fans a digital experience and the opportunity to assist in missions to unlock one of the notorious black boxes as featured on the series
- - Presented by The CW and Kia, players of the game will be asked to perform a series of tasks - such as cracking a locked combination or finding the correct levels of truth serum needed to interrogate an asset - in an effort to retrieve all 10 codes needed to unlock the black box
- - Players may personalize the game with customized ID badges and player names; they may also choose to log in to the game via Facebook which tracks their mission status and culls personal photos and information to be used in the game
- - As players locate GPS coordinates with their virtual Kia Optima, they will receive one new mission each week, for a total of 10 weeks, bringing them one step closer to unlocking the black box
What are you waiting for? Get cracking with Nikita: Code Breaker.
In this sexy and suspenseful series featuring international action star Maggie Q (Mission: Impossible III) in the title role, the charming and deadly Nikita has waged a war against Division, the agency that created her and trained her to be an assassin. Now assisted by Michael (Shane West, ER, Once and Again) - the man who trained her, a man who hunted her after her escape - the two are on the run with a hard drive containing the government's darkest secrets and conspiracies. Together, along with Alex, Nikita's protégé in the fight against Division, they are going to right the wrongs that Division has committed over the years, one mission at a time, and, ultimately collect all of notorious leader Percy's (Xander Berkeley, 24, Taken) black boxes, which contain information on every operation. The series also stars Aaron Stanford (X2: X-Men United, X-Men) as Birkhoff, a tech genius who sided with Nikita and Michael to bring down Division, and Melinda Clarke (The O.C., CSI: Crime Scene Investigation) as Amanda, who is intent on running Division with an iron fist. Executive produced by Craig Silverstein (Bones, K-Ville, Standoff, The Dead Zone, The Invisible Man), David Levinson (21 Jump Street, Standoff, The Commish, Alfred Hitchcock Presents), Danny Cannon (Dark Blue, CSI series), McG (Chuck, Supernatural, Human Target, The O.C., Terminator Salvation, Charlie's Angels films, upcoming This Means War) and Peter Johnson (Chuck, Supernatural, Human Target), Nikita is produced by Wonderland Sound and Vision in association with Warner Bros. Television.
For more information on sweepstakes rules and entry regulations, please visit CWTV.com/Kia.