Shrek the Third is going to make some DVD users very happy.
Being king isn't for everyone - especially if you're an ornery ogre who smells like the shallow end of a swamp. When Shrek married Fiona, the last thing he wanted was to rule Far Far Away, but when his father-in-law, King Harold, suddenly croaks, Shrek is quickly fitted for the crown. Now, unless the reluctant would-be king can find a suitable replacement, he'll be royally screwed for the rest of his days.
As if Shrek didn't have enough on his plate, Princess Fiona has another little surprise on the way. Reeling from the duties of running a kingdom and impending fatherhood, Shrek sets off on a quest to find the only other possible heir to the throne, Fiona's long-lost cousin Artie, a medieval high school outcast. While the ogre is away, his old nemesis Prince Charming rears his handsome head and returns to the kingdom of Far Far Away with redemption on his shallow little mind. Even with Donkey and the ever-so-suave Puss In Boots by their side, it's going to take an ogre-sized effort - and a whole lot of help from Fiona and her band of princesses - for Shrek and Artie to save the day and find their own "Happily Ever Afters."
When Shrek married Princess Fiona, becoming the next King and Queen of Far, Far Away wasn't part of the plan. So when his father-in-law, King Harold, falls ill, it is up to Shrek to find a suitable heir or he will be forced to give up his beloved swamp for the throne. Recruiting Donkey and Puss In Boots for a new quest, Shrek sets out to bring back the rightful heir to the throne, Fiona's rebellious cousin Artie. Back in Far, Far Away, Fiona's jilted Prince Charming storms the city with an army of fairy tale villains to seize the throne. But they have a surprise in store because Fiona, together with her mother, Queen Lillian, has drafted her fellow fairy tale heroines to defend their "happily ever afters." As Shrek, Donkey and Puss work on changing Artie from a royal pain in the you-know-what into a future king, Fiona and her band of princesses must stop Prince Charming to ensure there will be a kingdom left to rule.
The following is a list of features that this DVD will contain:
- Worcestershire Academy Yearbook
- Interactive flipbook featuring 30 soundbites from classmates of the character Arthur, the nerdy heir to the kingdom of Far, Far Away
- "Shrek's Guide to Parenthood" - features the characters Donkey, Puss in Boots, Pinocchio and Gingy offering tips on parenting to Shrek and his expectant bride, Fiona
- Deleted scenes
- "Tech of Shrek" featurette
- "Donkey Dance" video
- Gag reel
- "Shrek Shmash-Ups" - which allows mixing of scenes from all three Shrek films along to music
- "Learn to Donkey Dance"
- DVD-ROM games "Captain Shrek's High Seas Adventure," "Shrek's Eyeball Dropper," "Gingy's Dreamz" and more
- "How to Be Green" - featuring environmentally friendly tips from Shrek and Donkey
- "Merlin's Magic Crystal Ball" - featuring the character of Merlin
- Assorted other games and printables.
The Shrek the Third DVD will sell for $29.99.