You can relive one of Walt Disney's early animated classics all over again next March. Pinocchio will be re-released in a brand new 70th Anniversary Edition on March 10, 2009. We don't have a shot of the cover art as of yet, but we'll surely update this as soon as we can. The standard edition two-disc set will be priced at $29.99 SRP, while the Blu-ray two-disc set will run for $35.99 SRP. We have full details on this Disney classic below.
Walt Disney's second animated feature, Pinocchio debuted 70 years ago with vibrant hand drawn animation, universally loved music like the Academy Award winning original song "When You Wish Upon a Star," and a touching story that made it an instant classic. Introducing audiences to the magical favorites
of Pinocchio, Geppetto the puppet maker and the Blue Fairy, Pinocchio also marks the screen debut of a character who became one of Disney's signatures: the fast-talking, wisecracking Jiminy Cricket.
This new release inspires viewers to celebrate the 70th anniversary of Walt Disney's Pinocchio. The legendary masterpiece that inspired millions to believe in their dreams has been revitalized with an all-new digital restoration and now, for the first time ever, the amazingly detailed animation, the timeless Academy Award-winning music ("When You Wish Upon A Star") and heartwarming adventure-filled story is released with all-new dazzling bonus features transport you into Pinocchio's fantastic world. Join
Gepetto's beloved puppet-with Jiminy Cricket as his guide-on a thrilling quest that tests Pinocchio's bravery, loyalty and honesty, virtues he must learn to become a real boy.
- Pinocchio's Matter of Facts - - Learn fun facts about Pinocchio and other related subjects as you watch the movie.
- Audio Commentary -- An all-new audio commentary with Leonard Maltin, Eric Goldberg and J. B. Kaufman.
- Disney Song Selection -- Select this option to sing along with favorite songs as the lyrics appear onscreen.
- No Strings Attached: The Making of Pinocchio - - Witness the behind-the scenes magic that transformed Carlo Collodi's popular book into a classic animated film.
- Deleted Scenes --
- The Story of the Grandfather Tree - - Kindly Geppetto tells Pinocchio about the Great Pine Tree from which Pinocchio is descended.
- In The Belly Of The Whale - - The most elaborate of Pinocchio's deleted scenes that remain in the Disney Archives, these recently discovered storyboards reveal a different version of Geppetto inside Monstro.
- Alternate Ending - - A recently uncovered set of small storyboard panels reveal plans for a different version of Pinocchio becoming a real boy.
- The Sweat Box - - The Sweatbox was a small projection room at the Disney studio where Walt critiqued story reels, rough animation, and dailies of films in progress with his anxious artists. This piece traces the history of the Sweatbox and brings to life this important part of Walt Disney's
- Live Action Reference Footage
- Pinocchio Art Galleries
- Deleted Songs - - An audio collection of period "pop" recordings of songs that not used in the final film.
- Pinocchio Puzzles - - Hosted by Jiminy Cricket, Pinocchio's Puzzles is a multi-tiered Puzzle game that contains six unique wooden puzzles for the viewer to assemble. Each puzzle forms an image from the film that comes to life once they are complete.
The following features will only be available on the Blu-ray set:
- Disney BD-Live Network - The Disney BD-Live Network is just one of the many ways movie lovers, families, and loved ones can continue to stay connected and engage in their favorite movies.
- Movie Chat - Communicate with your remote friends on-screen while in a synchronized viewing party using your remote control or any text enabled device such as a laptop, desktop or any PDA device such as a Blackberry, iPhone or most other regular cell phones. Your chat session will appear over the movie and occur in real-time while watching the movie together.
- Movie Mail - Blu-ray owners will be able to record a personalized video message of themselves, superimpose that capture onto one of many pre-selected clips of the movie, and send it off to a friend, colleague, or relative. This specific feature enables Pinocchio Blu-ray Disc owner to personalize a very special greeting as never before.
- Movie Challenge - Users will be able to test their skills against other players in a synchronized, real-time, online trivia game while watching Pinocchio with anyone online. Movie Challenge is always active no matter what time of the day it is, and there will always be a game in progress.
- Disney Movie Rewards Live - Pinocchio Blu-ray owners will be able to accumulate Disney Movie Reward Points by participating in many Disney BD-Live Network activities. In return, viewers can redeem points for exclusive content such as Avatars, downloadable extras and many more exciting possibilities.
- Pinocchio Knows Trivia Challenge