You can finally see on of the premiere collaborations between Robert De Niro and Martin Scorcese in high definition this coming February. Raging Bull will be released on Blu-ray on Februray 10. The disc will be priced at $34.99 SRP. The film stars Robert De Niro, Joe Pesci and Cathy Moriarty.
Robert DeNiro teams with director Martin Scorsese in this "extraordinarily compelling" (Leonard Maltin) film that introduced unflinching realism to stunned audiences in 1980. An "exceedingly violent as well as poetic" fight picture that maps "the landscape of the soul" (The New York Times), Raging Bull garnered eight Oscar® nominations* and won two, including Best Actor for DeNiro. DeNiro gives the performance of his career as Jake LaMotta, a boxer whose psychological and sexual complexities erupt into violence both in and out of the ring. Joe Pesci and Cathy Moriarty are unforgettable as the brother who falls prey to Jake's mounting paranoia and jealousy, and the fifteen-year-old girl who becomes his most prized trophy. A "brilliantly photographed film of extraordinary power and rare distinction" (The Wall Street Journal), Raging Bull is filmmaking at its riveting best.
- Commentary by Director Martin Scorsese and Editor Thelma Schoonmaker
- Cast & Crew Commentary - Irwin Winkler, Robbie Robertson, Robert Chartoff, Theresa Saldana, John Turturro, Frank Warner, Michael Chapman and Cis Corman
- Storyteller Commentary - with Mardik Martin, Paul Schrader, Jason Lustig and Jake LaMotta
- Raging Bull: Before the Fight - The writing casting and pre-production
- Raging Bull: Inside the Ring - The choreography of the fight scenes
- Raging Bull: Outside the Ring - Behind the scenes stories of making the film
- Raging Bull: After the Fight - The sound design, the music, and the impact of the film
- "The Bronx Bull" - Making-of documentary
- DeNiro vs. LaMotta - Shot - by - shot comparison in the ring
- LaMotta Defends Title - Newsreel footage
- Original theatrical trailer