The highly-regarded biopic Ray will make its debut in the Blu-ray format on February 1. We don't have any pricing details, but you can take a look at the cover art and the special features details below:
Academy Award winner Jamie Foxx (Law Abiding Citizen, Dreamgirls) stars as the one-of-a-kind innovator of soul who overcame impossible odds to become a music legend. Ray is the triumphant and remarkable story of one of America's true musical geniuses, Ray Charles. From his humble beginnings in the South through his meteoric rise to the top of American music charts, Ray's inspirational journey is a tale of hope, redemption and the power of the human spirit.
- BD-Live: Access the BD-Live Center through your Internet-connected player to access the latest trailers and more!
- pocket Blu: USHE's groundbreaking pocket Blu app uses iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Android, PC, Macintosh and more to work seamlessly with a network-connected Blu-ray player. On the iPad owners can enjoy a new, enhanced edition of pocket Blu that's more interactive than ever before and created especially to take advantage of the tablet's larger screen and high resolution display. Consumers will be able to browse through a library of Blu-ray content and watch entertaining extras on-the-go in a way that's bigger and better than ever before. pocket BLU offers advanced features such as:
- - Advanced Remote Control: A sleek, elegant new way to operate your Blu-ray player. Users can navigate through menus, playback and BD-Live functions with ease.
- - Video Timeline: Users can easily bring up the video timeline, allowing them to instantly access any point in the film.
- - Mobile-To-Go: Users can unlock a selection of bonus content with their Blu-ray discs to save to their device or to stream from anywhere there is a Wi-Fi network, enabling them to enjoy content on the go, anytime, anywhere.
- - Browse Titles: Users will have access to a complete list of pocket Blu-enabled titles available and coming to Blu-ray Hi-Def. They can view free previews and see what additional content is available to unlock on their device.
- - Keyboard: Entering data is fast and easy with your device's intuitive keyboard.
- - My Scenes: Bookmark your favorite scenes from the film.
- uHear: Never miss another line of dialogue with this innovative feature that instantly skips back a few seconds on your Blu-ray disc and turns on the subtitles for the section you couldn't hear!
- - U-Control: Universal's exclusive feature that lets the viewer access bonus materials without leaving the movie!
- - Picture In Picture - Scene Comparison - Watch behind-the-scenes footage, interviews, bios and more during key scenes with this picture-in-picture companion.
- - The Music of Ray - Viewers can create a personal playlist of favorite songs while watching the movie and even download the music from iTunes!
- - Featured Commentary: With director Taylor Hackford.
- - Introduction: By director Taylor Hackford.
- - Extended Musical Scenes: 9 complete uncut musical performances with an Introduction by Jamie Foxx including "Hit The Road Jack," "Unchain My Heart," "What Kind of Man Are You," "Hallelujah, I Love Her So," "Leave My Woman Alone," "Night Time is the Right Time," "Mary Ann," "I Can't Stop Loving You," and "Hard Times".
- - Deleted Scenes: 14 scenes not shown in the theatrical version with commentary by director Taylor Hackford.
- - Stepping Into the Part - An exclusive behind the scenes look at Jamie Foxx's incredible transformation into Ray Charles - including a jam session between the actor and Ray Charles himself.
- - Ray Remembered - Friends and fellow musicians remember Ray Charles.
- - The Women of Ray - A look at the real women in Ray Charles' life, as well as the actresses who play them.
- - Ray: An American Story - An in-depth view of the life of Ray Charles featuring cast and crew discussing the making of the film.
- - A Look Inside Ray - A look at the music legend's journey and making of the film.
- - The Filmmakers' Journey - An in-depth interview with director Taylor Hackford and his producing partner Stuart Benjamin on their 15-year journey to portray Ray Charles' musical genius and bring their vision to the screen.
- - Theatrical Trailer