Sony wants to freak you out this Halloween!
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment announces Hostel: Director's Cut, by writer-director-producer Eli Roth and executive producer Quentin Tarantino (Kill Bill: Vols. 1 & 2). Available October 23, 2007 on a 2-disc DVD and hi-def Blu-ray Disc, the Director's Cut is presented unrated with Roth's shocking original ending - deemed too disturbing for theatrical audiences - restored for the first time. This deliciously macabre modern horror classic debuted in the top spot at the box office in January 2006 and follows two American backpackers as they are lured into a nightmarish hell. The bonus material on the new, unrated DVD and Blu-ray Disc is as varied and plentiful as the film's gruesome torture tools: five new featurettes; ten deleted scenes; four photo galleries; the international TV special "Hostel Dismembered;" a new interview with Roth from Elvis Mitchell's public radio show "The Treatment;" a multi-angle "Kill The Car" featurette; commentaries by Roth, Tarantino and journalist Harry Knowles; and the option to choose between the theatrical and the Director's Cut endings. The 2-disc DVD and Blu-ray High-Def Hostel: Director's Cut arrive in time for Halloween for the SLP of $28.95 (Blu-ray) and $19.98 (DVD).
Paxton and Josh, two college friends, are lured by a fellow traveler to what's described as a nirvana for American backpackers - a particular hostel in an out-of-the-way Slovakian town stocked with Eastern European women as desperate as they are gorgeous. The two friends arrive and soon easily pair off with exotic beauties Natalya and Svetlana. In fact too easily...
Initially distracted by the good time they're having, the two Americans quickly find themselves trapped in an increasingly sinister situation that they will discover is as wide and as deep as the darkest, sickest recess of human nature itself - if they survive.
Presented by Quentin Tarantino and written and directed by Eli Roth, Hostel stars Jay Hernandez and Derek Richardson.
Hostel: Director's Cut DVD & Blu-ray Disc Special Features:
- Director and Executive Producers' Commentary with Roth, Tarantino, Boaz Yakin and Scott Spiegel
- - Director and Guests' Commentary with Roth, actors Barbara Nedeljakova and Eythor Gudjonsson, editor George Folsey, Jr. and journalist Harry Knowles
- - Director and Producers' Commentary with Roth, producer Chris Biggs and documentarian Gabriel Roth
- - Director's Commentary with Roth
- - Five new featurettes:
- - 1) Music and Sound - Composer Nathan Barr takes us inside his studio and shows viewers his different instruments and how they were used for the film
- - 2) Set Design - A tour of conceptual drawings and sets used to create the film's unsettling backdrop
- - 3) KNB Effects - The KNB EFX Group discusses the films horrific visual effects
- - 4) An Icelandic Meal with Actor Eythor Gudjonsson - Gudjonsson (Hostel) shares a bit of the Icelandic culture while enjoying one of the nation's peculiar delicacies
- - 5) Takashi Miike Interview - An interview with noted film director Takashi Miike (Ichi the Killer) who makes an appearance in the film
- - "Hostel Dismembered" - International TV special
- - The Treatment - KCRW radio interview with Roth by Elvis Mitchell
- - "Kill The Car" multi-angle featurette
- - "Hostel Dissected" - A three part behind-the-scenes featurette
- - Ten deleted scenes
- - Four photo galleries hand-picked by Roth
- - Option to choose between the theatrical or Director's Cut endings
Dont't forget to also check out: Hostel