The Lord Of The Rings: Return Of The King: Thanks to a transcription over at TheOneRing.net of the latest Official Lord Of The Rings Magazine, some spoiler material has become available online about the 3rd and final film:
The two major changes in RotK are addition of TTT material and cutting of Scouring:
- Isengard sequence/VOS is at the beginning of RotK.
- Minas Morgul, stairs of Cirith Ungol and Shelob's lair also in RotK
- "We don't have the Scouring of the Shire." (In case anyone was holding out hope ...)
- At this point, no Ghan-Buri-Ghan. Doubts this will be added in pickups.
- Otherwise it follows the book "reasonably well."
- Shelob will be "the creepiest and scariest of creatures." Based on the Tunnel Web spider of New Zealand. Photo above
- Mumakil and Nazgul will have center-stage appearances - more spectacular.
- Post-production should be completed and film "delivered" end of October, early November.
- Also of interest: "We only meet one new character, which is Denethor - and he's only new to those who don't check out The Two Towers extended cut in November!" Sounds like a comfirmation of the Faramir / Boromir / Denethor flashback.