The Mandalorian actor Jake Cannavale says The Rise of Skywalker is the worst Star Wars movie period. The 24-year old actor was recently added into official canon when he appeared in the fifth episode of the hit Disney+ series as rookie bounty hunter Toro Calican. As for the final installment in the sequel trilogy, fans have been divided, as have critics when taking a look at what J.J. Abrams decided to do when tying everything up. At first glance, the reaction seems to be the complete opposite of what happened with The Last Jedi, with critics hating it and most fans loving it.

Jake Cannavale saw The Rise of Skywalker on Thursday evening and posted his reaction on his Instagram story the following morning. He admitted that he was "still mad" from seeing the movie and went on to say, "I'm in the Star Wars universe now!!! So surely I can't speak ill of Episode IX right???... WRONG." That was just the beginning as The Mandalorian actor relayed his true feelings for the sequel. He had this to say.

RELATED: Wrapping The Rise of Skywalker Left Daisy Ridley Weeping All Day
"The Rise of Skywalker was hands down the worst Star Wars movie. An absolute f**king failure... Rise of Skywalker (btw dumbass title) was worse than Phantom Menace AND Last Jedi combined. Fight me."

Obviously, Jake Cannavale's comments on The Rise of Skywalker struck a nerve with some Star Wars fans. With that being said, the actor's wannabe bounty hunter guild member Toro Calican is dead, so he won't be coming back to the franchise any time soon. When asked if he would have felt differently about the latest movie if he had been in it, Cannavale doubled down on his criticism. You can read what he had to say below.

"Honestly, I think I'd be more mad. Obviously I can't speak on behalf of the cast. To some actors this is just a job and maybe they're just happy to be working. To which I say more power to them. Also, maybe they f-cking loved the new Star Wars! In which case that's f**king dope that they got to work on something they truly got to enjoy. Personally, I've been a huge Star Wars fan since I was a kid.

And I felt pretty let down by the overall laziness of this new trilogy, and also a bit angry at the entitlement of it for pretty much seizing control of the franchise as a whole by basically [saying] 'Nah we don't like the ending that everybody's been cool with for decades, let's change it!' I personally would feel pretty depressed if I was in the new Star Wars movie (as a main character I mean. If I was a dude wearing an alien puppet or whatever I'd be f**king stoked...but still.)"

These are some pretty harsh words for The Rise of Skywalker, but Jake Cannavale is not alone. There are many Star Wars fans who feel the same way due to the seemingly haphazard way the story was put together. A lot of it just doesn't really make sense and J.J. Abrams really doesn't feel like explaining anything this time around, which will get turned into a comic book at some point down the line to explain every little detail.

As for other Star Wars fans, they're just happy that the franchise is continuing, no matter the quality. 20 years ago, a new trilogy or even a singular movie seemed like it would never happen, so fans are gladly willing to throw down some cash for nostalgia, in which J.J. Abrams delivers. However, Jake Cannavale is not into The Rise of Skywalker at all. Sadly, the story has expired as of this writing, but there are screenshots of Jake Cannavale's Instagram floating around.