Back in May, a report surfaced that the first Star Wars spinoff Rogue One was "in trouble," with Disney ordering extensive reshoots to get the film ready for its December 16 release date. The reshoots were confirmed shortly after the report, with star Mads Mikkelsen assuring fans that there is nothing to worry about, and these reshoots are just a "final polish." Today we have word from Riz Ahmed (Bodhi Rook), who revealed in a new interview that the reshoots have been completed, while another report reveals that new writer Tony Gilroy took on a much bigger role than originally stated for these reshoots.

Back in June, it was widley reported that writer Tony Gilroy was brought on to rework the Rogue One script, and that the reshoots would last roughly four or five weeks between June and July. The plan is reportedly to lock picture in August with scoring to begin in September, and if everything comes together smoothly, this spinoff will actually be ahead of Star Wars: The Force Awakens' schedule. During a new interview with Yahoo! Movies, Riz Ahmed confirms that the reshoots have wrapped, which he called "a blessing."

"Yeah, they were great. But we're all finished up on them now. There's been so much speculation, but it's just because people care so much about Star Wars. Reshoots are par for the course on any film. For me, I kind of love it because, as an actor, you always feel that there was a way you could have done it differently. Being able to go back and do some stuff again is always a blessing in my eyes."

The earlier report revealed that Tony Gilroy would not only rework the screenplay, which had been written by Chris Weitz and Gary Whitta, based on a story by John Knoll, but also serve as a second unit director, working under filmmaker Gareth Edwards. However, The Hollywood Reporter reveals that Tony Gilroy has been "supervising" the edit, taking the lead in post-production while director Gareth Edwards still remains involved in the project. Gareth Edwards still has input in the post-production process, and is said to be "very much involved."

One source revealed that the Tony Gilroy and Gareth Edwards partnership is said to be quite collaborative, with Gareth Edwards still said to be the "face" of the movie, after appearing at Star Wars Celebration last month. Tony Gilroy has a history with Gareth Edwards, having helped out on his 2014 blockbuster Godzilla, and he also worked with LucasFilm President Kathleen Kennedy's husband Frank Marshall on all of the Bourne movies. Here's what an unidentified source had to say about the editing room.

RELATED: Rogue One Writer Reveals the Big Problem with Making Star Wars Movies
"There are not two separate editing rooms; they are all in there with their ideas. Tony's a strong force, but they're all working together."

Sources claimed that the reshoots lead by Tony Gilroy resolved several issues with the film, including the ending, although no details have been revealed quite yet. There had been rumors that whoever was cast as the young Han Solo, which ended up being Alden Ehrenreich, would be introduced in Rogue One, and he was actually cast before the reshoots started. However, Gareth Edwards shot down this rumor last month, confirming that Rogue One will not introduce the young Han Solo, while Kathleen Kennedy also debunked rumors that Hayden Christensen will return as Darth Vader. Stay tuned for more on Rogue One as we get closer to the December 16 release date.