An age old tale is getting a makeover with the release of Romeo+Juliet: Music Edition.
Shakespeare's famous play is updated to the hip modern suburb of Verona Beach, still retaining its original dialogue. The gun-toting members of the families wage a vicious war on the streets as the star-crossed lovers meet their tragic destiny.
A dazzling and unconventional contemporary re-telling of William Shakespeare's classic love story, Romeo+Juliet, comes to life in a whole new way on February 6 when the timeless tale returns to DVD in a special Music Edition from Fox Home Entertainment. Filled with an array of bonus materials produced by Bazmark Inc., writer/producer/director Baz Luhrmann's (Strictly Ballroom, Moulin Rouge!) production company, the Romeo+Juliet: Music Edition DVD takes audiences on a spectacular journey through the sonic montage of the lavish musical odyssey. Special features include three new audio commentaries, including one by Luhrmann, a comprehensive 40 minute documentary that takes you on an exploration of the soundtrack creation -- a crucial part of the film's creative success -- with music producing icons Craig Armstrong (Moulin Rouge!, World Trade Center) and Marius DeVries (Moulin Rouge!, "Madonna: The Video Collection 93:99"), three new "Journey of The Song" featurettes and the Music Machine, a juke box function that takes you to your favorite music in the film, and more.
The wildly inventive and utterly unforgettable Oscar®-nominated(a) adaptation features scintillating performances from the brightest stars in Hollywood, including Leonardo DiCaprio (The Departed, Titanic), Claire Danes (Shopgirl, The Family Stone), John Leguizamo (Summer Of Sam, Moulin Rouge), Harold Perrineau ("Lost," The Matrix Reloaded), Paul Rudd (The 40 Year Old Virgin, Anchorman), Jamie Kennedy (Scream, Malibu's Most Wanted) and Pete Postlethwaite (The Omen, Jurassic Park: The Lost World). The Romeo+Juliet: Music Edition release is available for the suggested retail price of $19.98 U.S./$25.98 Canada.
Romeo+Juliet: Music Edition DVD Debuts February 6
- R+J: The Music documentary: An insider's look -- with never-before-seen footage -- at the process of bringing the music elements together, from contemporary to opera, and creating one of film's most inventive scores and soundtracks
- Commentary by Director Baz Luhrmann -- the creative genius behind the film -- tells the inside story of getting the vision to screen
- Commentary by Film Score Orchestrator and Co-Composer Craig Armstrong
- Commentary by Film Score Music Programmer and Co-Composer Marius DeVries
- The London Music Mix featurette
- Journey of The Song: Young Hearts Run Free featurette
- Journey of the Song: Everybody's Free featurette
- The Journey of the Song: Temp Music featurette
- Music Machine -- Juke Box function that jumps to your favorite songs
- Audio: English DTS, English 5.1 Dolby Surround and English and French Dolby Surround
- Subtitles: Spanish
- Rating: PG-13
- Run Time: 120 minutes
- CC: Yes
Dont't forget to also check out: William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet