Inventive visuals, endearing performances and a genre-smashing style define Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World, the critically acclaimed, action-comedy coming to Blu-ray Combo Pack and DVD November 9th from Universal Studios Home Entertainment. In the movie, cutting-edge filmmaker Edgar Wright (Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead) directs Michael Cera (Juno, Superbad) and an incredible ensemble cast in the story of a charming, unemployed bass player who discovers that in order to date the girl of his dreams, he must first battle her seven super-powered, evil exes.
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World Blu-ray Artwork
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World DVD Artwork
Both the Blu-ray and DVD come loaded with deleted scenes, laugh-out-loud bloopers and cast commentaries assembled by director, producer and co-writer Edgar Wright. The 2-disc Blu-ray Combo Pack is packed with hours of additional in-depth bonus features; a Blu-ray and DVD copy of film; and for a limited time only, a digital copy of the movie that can be viewed on an array of electronic and portable devices anytime, anywhere. Blu-ray consumers will also be able to stream a free bonus movie instantly to any internet-connected player, Smartphone or iPad using the free pocket BLU app. Starting with Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World, iPad owners can also enjoy a new, enhanced edition of pocket BLU made especially to take advantage of the tablet's larger screen and high resolution display. With this app, Blu-ray consumers will be able to stream their full-length bonus movie in a way that's bigger and better than ever before.
In Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World, Edgar Wright brings Bryan Lee O'Malley's hugely popular graphic novel series to life with gravity-defying action and videogame-inspired graphics. Joining lead actor Michael Cera is one of the coolest ensemble casts ever to share the big screen including Mary Elizabeth Winstead (Live Free or Die Hard), Kieran Culkin (Igby Goes Down), Chris Evans (upcoming Captain America: The First Avenger), Academy Award nominee Anna Kendrick (Twilight series, Up in the Air), Alison Pill (Dan in Real Life), Aubrey Plaza (Parks and Recreation), Brandon Routh (Superman Returns), Jason Schwartzman (Funny People), Johnny Simmons (Jennifer's Body), Mark Webber (Broken Flowers), Mae Whitman (Parenthood) and Ellen Wong (Runaway). Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World also boasts an awesome soundtrack featuring original music by Beck and performances by Broken Social Scene, Metric and more.
Scott Pilgrim vs. The Critics
Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World slayed critics of every generation with its highly stylized visuals. The New York Times' A.O. Scott raves "You may want to see it again as soon as it's over." Jeremy Smith of "AintItCoolNews" calls the film "Wholly original. There's never been a movie like it" and Rossiter Drake of the San Francisco Examiner pronounces it a "bold, brilliant spectacle." Scott Pilgrim vs. the World is "far and away the funniest movie of the summer," according to the Orlando Sentinel's Roger Moore, and Peter Travers of Rolling Stone calls the film "a breathless rush of a movie that jumps off the screen, spins your head around and then stealthily works its way into your heart. It's a game changer."
Bonus Features Exclusively Available On Blu-ray Combo Pack:
- Insider Documentaries:
- - Making of Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
- - Music Featurette
- - You Too Can Be Sex Bob-Omb
- - Alternate Footage: A special look at alternative edits to the film.
- - Pre-Production: A look inside the film's pre-production process including storyboards, pre-visualizations, animatics, motion capture tests, rehearsal footage, casting tapes, hair/make-up tests and more!
- - The Music of Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World: This feature includes four complete music videos and video remixes from legendary DJ Osymyso.
- - Visual Effects: This feature takes a second look at the movie's inventive visual effects.
- - Sound Work: A mini documentary about the creation of the film's super-powered sonic landscape.
- - Trailers and TV Spots from the theatrical release of the film
- - Adult Swim: Scott Pilgrim vs. The Animation
- - Scott Pilgrim vs. The Censors: TV safe version
- - Behind-the-Scenes Production Blog from the set of Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World by director /producer/ co-writer Edgar Wright.
- - Free Bonus Movie For A Limited Time Onoly: Blu-ray Combo Pack consumers will have instant access to stream action hits Tremors or Pitch Black via BD-Live, Smartphone or computer.
- - U-Control: Universal's exclusive signature feature allows viewers to delve into the making of the film with the click of the remote without ever leaving the movie.
- - Storyboard Picture-in-Picture
- - Pocket Blu app: USHE's groundbreaking pocket BLU app uses iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Blackberry, Nokia Android, PC and Macintosh to work seamlessly with a network-connected Blu-ray player and offers advanced features such as:
- - Advanced Remote Control: A sleek, elegant new way to operate your Blu-ray player. Users can navigate through menus, playback and BD-Live™ functions with ease.
- - Video Timeline: Users can easily bring up the video timeline, allowing them to instantly access any point in the movie.
- - Mobile-To-Go: Users can unlock a selection of bonus content with their Blu-ray discs to save to their device or to stream from anywhere there's a Wi-Fi network, enabling them to enjoy exclusive content on the go, anytime, anywhere.
- - Virtual Keyboard: Enter data into a Blu-ray player with your device's easy and intuitive keyboard that will facilitate such Blu-ray features as chatting with friends and sending messages.
- - Digital Copy of the Film: Blu-ray consumers can download a digital version of the movie to their Mac and or Windows PC for a limited time only.
- - BD-Live: Access the BD-Live Center through your Internet-connected player to watch the latest trailers and more.
- - My Scenes: Bookmark your favorite scenes from the movie.
- - And Lots More!
Bonus Features Available On Blu-ray AND DVD:
- Deleted and Alternate Scenes with commentary from director/producer/ co-writer Edgar Wright
- - Scott Pilgrim vs. the Bloopers
- - Feature Commentary with director/producer/co-writer Edgar Wright, co-writer Michael Bacall and Author Bryan Lee O'Malley
- - Technical Commentary with director/producer/co-writer Edgar Wright and director of photography Bill Pope
- - Cast commentary with Michael Cera, Jason Schwartzman, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Ellen Wong and Brandon Routh
- - Cast commentary with Anna Kendrick, Aubrey Plaza, Kieran Culkin and Mark Webber
- - Behind-the-Scenes Photo Gallery including Edgar Wright's photo blog
- - Trivia Track
- - Galleries: Production photos, art galleries and marketing concepts.
Meet charming and jobless Scott Pilgrim (Michael Cera). A bass guitarist for totally average garage band Sex Bob-omb, the 22-year-old has just met the girl of his dreams...literally. The only catch to winning Ramona Flowers (Mary Elizabeth Winstead)? Her seven evil exes are coming to kill him. Genre-smashing filmmaker Edgar Wright (Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead) tells the amazing story of one romantic slacker's quest to power up with love in Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World. Scott Pilgrim has never had a problem getting a girlfriend. It's getting rid of them that proves difficult. From the girl who kicked his heart's ass-and now is back in town-to the teenage distraction he's trying to shake when Ramona rollerblades into his world, love hasn't been easy. He soon discovers, however, his new crush has the most unusual baggage of all: a nefarious league of exes controls her love life and will do whatever it takes to eliminate him as a suitor. As Scott gets closer to Ramona, he must face an increasingly vicious rogues' gallery from her past-from infamous skateboarders to vegan rock stars and fearsomely identical twins. And if he hopes to win his true love, he must vanquish them all before it really is game over.