Bursting off the pages of the famed comi c book, Frank Miller's Sin City becam one of this year's most stylish, hi p and creative films. Now fans will get to take another trip to the dark edge of Old Town with the mu ch-anticipated SIN CITY RECUT & EXTENDED, the complete and expanded unrated version of the film with never-before-seen footage integrated directly into the feature by director Robert Rodriguez. This essential two-disc DVD will be presented in ultra-stylish packaging, hours of all-new bonus materials supervised directly by Rodriguez showing how this unique film was br ought to life, plus the complete first issue of Frank Miller's Sin City graphic novel. This year's must-have gift for the holidays, SIN CIT Y RE CUT & EXTE NDED will be available on two-disc DVD on December 13th for $39.99 SRP from Dimension Home Video.
Robert Rodriguez (Desperado, "From Dusk Till Dawn," The Faculty) and comi cs idol Fr ank Miller co-direct FRANK MILLE R'S SIN CITY, based on a series of graphic novels created by Miller, highlighted by a special segment from guest director Quentin Tarantino (Pulp Fiction, "Kill Bill" series). Si n City is infest ed with criminals, crooked cops and sexy dames, some searching for vengeance, some for redemption. Visually-stunning, the film has been translated fr om page to screen by remaining absolutely faithful to the look, feel and dialogue of the books.
- Original Feature Film Presentation - Feature Commentary wi th Rober t Rodriguez & Frank Miller - Feature Commentary wi th Rober t Rodriguez & Quentin Tarantino - Feature Commentary of Austin Premiere Audience Reaction - Behind-the-Scenes Featurettes A Hard Top With A Decent Engine: The Cars of Sin City Making the Monsters: Special Effects & Make-Up Trench Coats and Fishnets: The Costumes of Sin City Booze, Broads & Guns: The Props of Sin City How It Went Down: Convincing Frank Miller to Make The Film Giving The Characters Life: Cast ing the Film Special Guest Direct or, Quentin Tarantino
- Sin-Chroni-City Interactive: As the viewer watches Sin City, it becomes apparent that the characters and their stories are not isolated, but intertwined. It is also revealed that the timelines for these stories are not in synch—and yet not entirely independent. This interactive feature allows the user to get a timeline view of the happenings of Sin City. The user can see the overview sche matic of the scenes in chronological order and then zoom in for more detail on any of the events.
- Teaser and Theatrical Trailers
- Sin City Recut Extended Unrated Feature Film Presentation (with 23 added minutes) Full-length expanded cuts of each individual episode ("Customer Is Always Right," "The Hard Goodbye," "Big Fat Kill" and "That Yellow Bastard") split out into short films – each with their own title cards and in thei r own complete form; viewers can watch separately and in any order desired.
- 15 Minute Flick School – Showing how everything was done, including the development of the look of the movie before there was financing, plus early screen tests, rehearsal tapes, final effects. Narrated and cut by Robert Rodriguez.
- All Green Version – A high speed look at the entire movie with only its green screen elements.
- The Long Take – A full uninterrupted 17 minute take during the fi lming of Quentin's segment. Audience gets to see what it's like to sit in the mi ddle of a whirlwind of creativity while the camera is rolling. They never call cut, so everyone is concentrating, working, experimenting and being creative for 17 mi nutes straight. Very interesting to watch, and hear everyone brainstorming and improvising. Clive, Nicotero, Rodriguez, Tarantino, and Del Toro, Stevie J, all doing their thing at one point or another. [PAGE BREAK] SIN CITY RECUT & EXTENDED / P age 3
- Sin City: Live in Concert – Sin City filmmakers, cast and crew head over to Antone's restaurant one night after shooting "That Yellow Bastard" so Br uce Willis' and Robert's band Chingon could play a benefit show. Shows the full version of Bruce and his band playing the song "Devil Wo man" and Rodriguez and his band playing the "Theme from Sin City."
- 10 Minute Cooking School: Sin City Breakfast Tacos – Rodriguez's meal of choice during the lnog night hours of making Sin City. Shows how to make Rodriguez's grandma's secret home made flour tortilla recipe as well.
Frank Miller's Sin City stars Bruce Willis (Hostage) as Hartigan, a cop with a bum ticker and a vow to pr otect exotic dancer Nancy (Jessica Alba, TV's "Dark Angel"). Mickey Rourke (Man On Fire) stars as Marv, the outcast mi santhrope on a mi ssion to avenge the death of his one true love, Goldie (Jaime King, White Chicks). Clive Owen (Closer) stars as Dwight, the clandestine love of Shelley (Brittany Murphy, Little Black Book,, 8 Mile), who spends his night defending Gail (Rosario Dawson, Alexander) and her Old Towne girls (Devon Aoki, "2 Fast 2 Furious") and Alexis Bledel (TV's "Gilmore Girls") from Jackie (Benicio Del Toro, 21 Grams ), a tough guy with a penchant for violence. Elijah Wood ("Lord of the Ri ngs" series), Nick Stahl (Te rminator 3: Rise of the Machines), Michael Madsen ("Kill Bi ll Vol. 2"), Carla Gugino (TV's "Karen Sisco"), Powers Boothe ("Deadwood"), Rutger Hauer (Batman Begins), Josh Hartnett (Pearl Harbor) and Michael Clarke Duncan (Daredevil) are also part of the ensemble cast.
Based on the graphic novels by Frank Miller. Directed by Frank Miller and Robert Rodriguez ("From Dusk Till Dawn," Spy Kids).
Original Feature running time: Approximately 124 minutes
Recut Feature running time: Approximately 147 minutes
DVD a spect ratio: 1.85:1 enhanced for 16x9 TV screens
DVD Sound : Dolby® Digital 5.1 Surround Sound
DTS 5.1 Surround Sound (Original Feature Only )
DVD Language: English
Dont't forget to also check out: Sin City [Recut, Extended, Unrated] [2 Discs]