Finally. Smallville is flying its way onto Blu-ray for the first time ever this October in honor of the Emmy-winning show's 20th anniversary, courtesy of Warners Bros. Home Entertainment. Starring Tom Welling as a young Clark Kent in the years before he fights crime as Superman, the series ran for 10 seasons with 218 total episodes. They'll all be packed together on the new Blu-ray set dubbed Smallville: The Complete Series 20th Anniversary Edition on Blu-ray and DVD.
Per the press release: "The groundbreaking, Emmy-winning 10-season hit that redefined the origins of the world's greatest superhero is all here - from Krypton refugee Kal-El's arrival on Earth through his tumultuous teen years to Clark Kent's final steps toward embracing his destiny as the Man of Steel. Relive a decade's worth of thrills in fantastic adventures full of action, heart and humor in abundance, all anchored by the marvelous performance of Tom Welling at its center. Savor again the series' thoughtful and imaginative integration and reinvention of the iconic characters of DC lore. And let your spirits be lifted up, up and away."
Smallville: The Complete Series 20th Anniversary Edition includes 2 DVD discs with over 28 hours of bonus features originally released on the Smallville Seasons 1-10 DVD sets.
- The special features include:
- The Adventures of Superboy - The original 1961 pilot starring John Rockwell.
- A Retrospective Look at the Series' 10-Year Journey - An in-depth, season-by-season look at the creation of this landmark television series. Highlights include interviews with Tom Welling, Eric Durance, Michael Rosenbaum, Phil Morris, John Schneider and many more, as well as rare behind-the-scenes footage.
- A Decade of Comic-Con Featurette
- Paley Festival Featurette
- Smallville's 100th Episode: Making of a Milestone- An extended version of the original featurette included in the Season 5 set.
- Secret Origin: The American Story of DC Comics - A feature length documentary chronicling DC's 75 years of challenges, creativity, and triumph.
- Audio Commentaries, Deleted and Extended Scenes, Gag Reels, Behind-the-scenes featurettes and much more from all 10 seasons!
Smallville stars Tom Welling as "Clark Kent," Allison Mack as "Chloe Sullivan," Kristin Kreuk as "Lana Lang," Michael Rosenbaum as "Lex Luthor," John Glover as "Lionel Luthor," Erica Durance as "Lois Lane," Annette O'Toole as "Martha Kent," John Schneider as "Jonathan Kent," Justin Hartley as "Oliver Queen," Sam Jones III as "Pete Ross," Cassidy Freeman as "Tess Mercer," Aaron Ashmore as "Jimmy Olsen," Eric Johnson as "Whitney Fordman," Laura Vandervoort as "Kara," Callum Blue as "Zod," Jensen Ackles as "Jason Teague" and Sam Witwer as "Davis Bloome."
Smallville has also featured many notable guest stars including Terence Stamp, James Marsters, Michael McKean, Ian Somerhalder, Jane Seymour, Brian Austin Green, Pam Grier, Helen Slater, Michael Ironside, Julian Sands, Tori Spelling, Rutger Hauer, and Christopher Reeve.
Superman was created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster. Based on DC Comics characters, Smallville was developed for television by Alfred Gough & Miles Millar. Its executive producers have included Michael Tollin, Brian Robbins, Joe Davola, Alfred Gough and Miles Millar, James Marshall, Brian Peterson, Kelly Souders, Todd Slavkin, Darren Swimmer, Greg Beeman, Ken Horton and Tom Welling. The series is from Tollin/Robbins Productions, Millar/Gough Ink and Warner Bros. Television.
Smallville: The Complete Series is currently available to own on Digital. Smallville: The Complete Series 20th Anniversary Edition will hit Blu-ray and DVD on Oct. 19, 2021. This news comes to us from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment.