Be intrigued. Be Seduced. Be warned when slimy alien creatures morph into sexy and sultry blonde babes in Species IV: The Awakening, the fascinating new sequel in the classic sci-fi anthologySpecies, available October 2 from MGM Home Entertainment. Species IV: The Awakening marks its debut as an unrated DVD and introduces Swedish Actress Helena Mattsson (Finding t.A.T.u.) as Miranda, the latest hybrid heroine in a new chapter of alien seduction, white-knuckle suspense and jaw-dropping special effects. The film also stars Ben Cross (TV's Dark Shadows: The Revival) and Marlene Favela (TV's Zorro).
Also available day and date is Species: Collector's Edition loaded with nearly two hours of bonus features on a two-disc special edition, including actor, director and crew commentaries, an array of production, design and special effects featurettes and an alternate ending, among others! Starring Natasha Henstridge (She Spies), Academy Award-winner Ben Kingsley (Sexy Beast), Academy Award-winner Forest Whitaker (The Last King of Scotland), Michael Madsen (Reservoir Dogs) and Alfred Molina (Spider-Man 2), Species spawned a successful franchise and fan base since its original 1995 theatrical debut.
The Species IV: The Awakening DVD will be available for the suggested retail price of $26.98 U.S. / $37.98 Canada. The Species: Collector's Edition DVD will be available for the suggested retail price will be $19.98 U.S. / $25.98 Canada. Pre-book for both titles is September 5.
Species IV: The Awakening:
When brilliant college professor Miranda Hollander suffers a mysterious blackout, and awakens amid the bloody aftermath of a mass slaughter, she turns to her uncle for answers. But when he reveals the shocking truth - that she's only half human, a clone from a hybrid of human and alien DNA, they must flee to Mexico to locate the scientist who created her. Soon they find themselves locked in battle with a horde of rampaging, unstoppable hybrids...and time is running out before Miranda will inevitably surrender to the killer instinct that lurks inside her own body!
Species: Collector's Edition:
When a beautiful human-alien hybrid (Natasha Henstridge) escapes from observation, scientist Xavier Fitch (Ben Kingsley) dispatches a crew of experts to find her before she is able to fulfill her horrific purpose: to mate with unsuspecting men and produce offspring that could destroy mankind. As her deadly biological clock ticks rapidly, Fitch and his team are hurled into a desperate battle in which the fate of humanity itself hangs in the balance!
Species: Collector's Edition DVD Features:
- Commentary by Natasha Henstridge, Michael Madsen and Director Roger Donaldson
- Commentary by Director Roger Roger Donaldson, Producer Frank Mancuso Jr., Visual Effects Supervisor Richard Edlund and Creature/Special Make-Up Effects Creator Steve Johnson
- "Engineering Life" featurette
- "H.R. Giger At Work: Designing Species" featurette
- "The Making of Species" featurette
- "The Origin"
- "The Concept"
- "The Discovery"
- "Designing a Hybrid" featurette
- Alternate ending
- Original theatrical trailer
- Species IV: The Awakening Sneak Peek
- "Project Sil" image files and photo gallery
Species IV: The Awakening Technical Specs:
- RunTime: 103 minutes
- MPAA Rating: NR
- Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1 Widescreen (16x9)
- Audio Features: English Dolby Surround 5.1
- Subtitles: English, French and Spanish
- CC: Yes
Species: Collector's Edition Technical Specs:
- Run Time: 108 minutes
- MPAA Rating: R
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1 Widescreen (16x9)
- Audio Features: English Dolby Surround 5.1, English DTS 5.1,
- Dubbed Language: Spanish (Latin) Dolby Surround and French Dolby Surround
- Subtitles: English and Spanish
- CC: Yes
Dont't forget to also check out: Species