Four months after production got under way on Paramount's highly-anticipated Star Trek Beyond, principal photography has now wrapped. The official Twitter page of actor/writer Simon Pegg released what could very well be the final photo from the set, featuring Simon Pegg alongside his co-writer Doug Jung. Ironically, the photo features Simon Pegg wearing a hat from another long-awaited sci-fi movie, Disney's Star Wars: The Force Awakens. It was revealed in a behind-the-scenes video at Comic Con that Simon Pegg actually has a role in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, but he will be unrecognizable underneath a bulky costume.

The production wrap on Star Trek Beyond is quite the milestone, especially since, for awhile, it was looking like the sequel was having a hard time getting off the ground. After Star Trek and Star Trek Into Darkness director J.J. Abrams left to make Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Roberto Orci signed on to direct and develop the screenplay with new writers J.D. Payne and Patrick McKay. However, back in December, Roberto Orci left the project, with director Justin Lin coming aboard just a few weeks later, and Simon Pegg signing on to co-write the script with Doug Jung.

Back in late May, Simon Pegg and Doug Jung turned in their script, just one month before shooting was set to begin. The script was written completely from scratch, with no elements of the previous draft, which Simon Pegg said was too "Star Trek-y." Unfortunately, we still haven't been given any official story details as of yet, but it has been confirmed that Star Trek Beyond takes the crew of the U.S.S. Enterprise on the start of their five-year journey.

Related: Star Trek May Be Tarantino's Last Movie If He Says Yes to Directing

Last month, Paramount pushed the sequel by two weeks, from July 8, 2016 to its new release date of July 22, 2016, which was done to take advantage of more IMAX screens. Star Trek and Star Trek Into Darkness cast members Chris Pine (Captain Kirk), Zachary Quinto (Spock), Simon Pegg (Scotty), Karl Urban (Bones), Zoe Saldana (Uhura), Anton Yelchin (Chekov) and John Cho (Sulu) reprise their roles in the sequel. New cast members include Idris Elba as the main villain and Sofia Boutella, who had a breakout role in this year's Kingsman: The Secret Service.

Speaking of Sofia Boutella, the actress also expressed her thanks to the cast and crew, calling the production "a beautiful experience." Now that principal photography has wrapped, it remains to be seen when we'll get the first official photos and the trailer for this highly-anticipated sequel. The July 2016 release date will also coincide with the 50th Anniversary of the original Star Trek TV series. While we wait for more details, check out the latest (and possibly last) photo from the Star Trek Beyond set.