/star-trek-into-darkness-app-to-unlock-a-surprise-during-super-bowl-xlvii/Earlier this month, we reported that Paramount Pictures is teaming up with Qualcomm for a special smartphone app tied to the release of Star Trek Into Darkness, which will feature a special surprise unveiled during the second quarter of Super Bowl XLVII. With the big game just a few days away, the iPhone version has launched at the Apple store, with the Android version being released later today. We're still not sure what this app will unlock during the game on Sunday, but you can click on the photo to download the app for your iPhone. You can also read on for more details about what you can do with this unique application, plus details on a sweepstakes where fans can win a trip to the Star Trek Into Darkness premiere.
During the second quarter of the big game, the app will allow users the ability to unlock the first of many surprises during the airing of the Star Trek Into Darkness tv-spot, making this one of the most unique and interactive apps ever created for a movie. As a bonus, users who register for the app will be automatically entered into a sweepstakes for the chance to win a VIP trip to the U.S. premiere. To be the first to get the app and enter the sweepstakes, visit StarTrekMovie.com/CES.
Highlights of the app include:
- An audio scan function that can be turned on to automatically recognize and reward users for watching Star Trek Into Darkness content on TV and other media;
- - An image scan function that enables users to interact with images printed or viewable in the real world;
- - A geofencing function for location-based experiences;
- - New Star Trek Into Darkness content, such as videos, images and wallpapers delivered directly to users' mobile devices;
- - Exclusive opportunities and special offers only available to app users;
- - One lucky sweepstakes winner will be rewarded with the grand prize of attending the Star Trek Into Darkness U.S. premiere.