With Disney's surprise purchase of LucasFilm for a whopping $4 billion in 2012 came the announcement that Star Wars 7 was finally happening. There had been rumors that George Lucas was developing a third trilogy for several years, but when George Lucas sold his empire, he relinquished all control to Disney, and he was not involved in any way in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, or its upcoming sequels and spinoffs. A new video surfaced today which delves through interviews and other archived information to piece together what George Lucas' version of Star Wars 7 may have featured.

This extensive 10-minute YouTube video comes from Mr. Sunday Movies, which delves through a number of old interviews to try and piece together what George Lucas' version of Star Wars 7 may have been about. Producer Gary Kurtz said in a 1999 interview at a sci-fi expo that the original ending of Return of the Jedi was not going to reveal that Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill) and Princess Leia (Carrie Fisher) are siblings. But that alternate ending has never confirmed by George Lucas. The producer also went on to say that Episode 7 would follow Luke Skywalker's life as a Jedi, with Luke's sister arriving from another part of the galaxy in Episode 8, and the Emperor finally revealed in Episode 9.

Back in December 2014, an old 1983 interview with Mark Hamill surfaced, where he revealed that George Lucas had asked the actor to come back and play an older "Obi-Wan type character, handing Excalibur down to the next generation." When the actor asked when that movie might come out, George Lucas told him, "around 2011," which just so happened to be one year before he ended up selling LucasFilm to Disney, and when Star Wars 7 was officially born. The interview was made even more prophetic when fans finally saw Star Wars: The Force Awakens, which ends with Rey (Daisy Ridley) finally meeting an exiled Luke Skykwalker, who has very much become an "Obi-Wan type."

RELATED: Why The Force Awakens Disappointed George Lucas Explained by Disney Boss

George Lucas also reveled in interview segments shortly after LucasFilm was sold that he has "story treatments" for the next three movies, which reportedly centered on a group of teenagers. Disney reportedly discarded these treatments because the teenage elements were too similar to the prequel trilogy. The studio wanted to avoid any comparisons to the much-maligned prequel trilogy, which starred young actors like Jake Lloyd as Annakin Skywalker and Natalie Portman as Queen Amidala. There is speculation that young characters such as Kira, an early version of Rey (Daisy Ridley) and Sam, who were featured in concept art from the book The Art of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, could hint that these characters are who George Lucas wanted to build his trilogy around, although that hasn't been confirmed.

The Art of Star Wars: The Force Awakens book also includes concept art that features a ghost form of a young Annakin Skywalker, Jedi Hunters, Darth Vader's castle, and Kira finding a map to Luke Skywalker and the rest of the Jedi, in the Emperor's Tower from the second Death Star, which had now been submerged in water. George Lucas had originally intended to write and direct Star Wars: Episode VII, before selling the company and turning over the franchise to a new filmmaker, but that didn't happen after Disney came along. George Lucas expressed his frustration in an interview, stating he wanted to continue this family saga. Disney discarded his ideas, telling the filmmaker they wanted to make something for the fans, which George Lucas called a "retro movie," in his interview with Charlie Rose before Star Wars: The Force Awakens was released. Take a look at this 10-minute video below to learn more about what George Lucas' version of Star Wars: The Force Awakens might have been like.