Earlier today, we reported that fans who attend Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim, California next week will be the first to watch the full trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens, plus get a glimpse at the first teaser poster. Making Star Wars has a new report, where they break down what will be shown in the trailer, which runs at a reported 1 minute and 50 seconds. Of course, these details have yet to be confirmed by Disney or LucasFilm, but you can take a look for yourself below. Is this what we'll see?
- The teaser runs at about a one minute and fifty seconds, just under two minutes.
- Han, Leia, Artoo and Threepio
- We do see Yavin in the teaser.
- We see a shot of Finn with a blue lightsaber.
- There is a shot of Captain Phasma (Gwendoline Christie), the chrome Stormtrooper, very briefly.
- We do see Kylo Ren's helmeted face.
- We see Poe Dameron shoot down a TIE fighter.
- A shot of Finn and Poe walking past one another at the base.
- Rey is in a few shots.
- There is a shot of Poe Dameron, Artoo-Detoo, See-Threepio, and a CGI character (Rose).
- BB-8 socketed in the back of an X-wing.
- Kylo Ren's Imperial shuttle flys by with TIE escorts to the Star Destroyer
- Star Destroyer(s)
- The Falcon
- X-wing fighters flying in a V-shape formation.
- Darth Vader's helmet sitting on a podium.
- no Serkis.
- No Luke.
It's worth noting that this description is much different than a trailer description released last month, although, none of these details have been confirmed, so we're not quite sure which of these descriptions are authentic. If these details are true, then the trailer would contradict a report from January that revealed Disney and LucasFilm do not plan on using any original Star Wars cast members, such as Harrison Ford (Han Solo), Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) and Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia) in any of the trailers or other marketing materials. While this new trailer will not show Luke Skywalker, we will reportedly get our first look at Han and Leia, along with the beloved droids R2D2 and C-3PO. This trailer may also give us our first look at Gwendoline Christie as Captain Phasma. This certainly seems like a lot to cram into a trailer that clocks in at just under two minutes, and it isn't known if there will be any actual dialogue from the movie, or perhaps more voice over narration. What do you think about these latest details? Chime in with your thoughts below.