If you've ever wanted to take a selfie on Hoth, play a sound clip of Darth Vader's "What?!" in response to an annoying question, or get major Star Wars news right when it's announced, you're in luck. LucasFilm has introduced the official Star Wars app, which lets you do all this and more. Available now for iOS and https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.disney.starwarshub_goo|Android devices, the Star Wars app brings together a set of fun, innovative features, is completely customizable, and connects you to a galaxy far, far away - all the time, anywhere. To kick things off, be on the lookout for special posters (previewed below) at Lucasfilm's booth (#2913) at San Diego Comic-Con this week. Using the app's augmented reality feature, you may be able to reveal, take pictures, and shoot videos of some new friends and foes. If you do, share them with #StarWarsApp. Take a look at some of the features on this Star Wars app below.
- Get instant notifications on big announcements, including trailer releases and movie news
- Theme your app with Light Side, Dark Side, or Droid interfaces, each containing different designs, sounds, and animations
- Unlock 3D characters from Star Wars: The Force Awakens using a special Augmented Reality camera feature
- Get Star Wars-themed weather and five-day forecasts, featuring original art and parallax effects of in-universe planets and locales
- Wield a lightsaber and hone your skills against a training remote, as seen in Star Wars: A New Hope
- Discover behind-the-scenes fun facts with This Day In Star Wars History
- Play classic sound clips and sound effects from your favorite Star Wars characters, creatures, weapons, and scenes
- Get quick updates with a snapshot news ticker
- Read official Star Wars news and blogs from StarWars.com, as well as app-exclusive content, including the latest on v, creator interviews, and more
- Follow official Star Wars social channels via aggregated, customizable feeds from Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Tumblr, Google+, and Twitter
- Watch official Star Wars videos, including movie trailers, behind-the-scenes featurettes, and more
- Discover the latest Star Wars digital apps, products, and experiences from one central hub
Along with this new app, LucasFilm has also unveiled a gameplay trailer for the mobile game Star Wars: Uprising, which will be the first game to take place between Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi and Star Wars: The Force Awakens. The game centers on a group of smugglers, freedom fighters, bounty hunters, and gangsters in the Anoat sector, who come together to take down the Iron Blockade and help the Rebel Alliance. The game will also take place in iconic locales such as Hoth and Cloud City. Star Wars Uprising won't be available to download until this fall, but fans can pre-register at PlayStarWarsUprising.com. Check out the trailers for the Star Wars app and Star Wars Uprising, along with new photos from the app.