Superman is coming to DVD again!
Warner Home Video, DC Comics and Warner Bros. Animation are set to release an all-new original movie Superman Doomsday on September 18, 2007.
Utilizing the vast history and tradition of DC Comic's classic comic book stories along with a more provocative and action-packed story line for avid comic fans as well as kids and their parents, Superman Doomsday features the voices of Adam Baldwin (Independence Day) as Superman, Anne Heche (Men in Trees) as Lois Lane and James Marsters (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) as Lex Luthor, and will be available for $19.98.
Produced by Bruce Timm (Justice League Unlimited) and written by Duane Capizzi (Batman vs. Dracula), Superman Doomsday is inspired by the best-selling graphic novel of all time, DC Comics' The Death of Superman. When the intergalactic serial killer Doomsday is unearthed, Superman meets the creature head on in the battle to end all battles. Going punch for punch, Superman finally ends the threat of Doomsday as he throws one last punch and collapses forever - making the ultimate sacrifice to save Metropolis and all those he once loved.
"We are thrilled to be releasing the first of the DC Universe movies that feature extraordinary talent including Adam Baldwin and Anne Heche, as well as the lauded producer/writer team of Bruce Timm and Duane Capizzi," said Dorinda Marticorena, WHV Vice President, Kids and Sports Marketing. "With an authentic animation look and feel and a more emotional as well as action-packed storyline, Superman Doomsday will certainly appeal to adult comic book fans and older kids."
Superman Doomsday will be available exclusively on DVD with collectable packaging as well as over 70 minutes of incredible DVD extras including:
- "The Clash of the Juggernauts" - A retrospective look at the craze which caught the world by storm. What happens when millions of fans are suddenly subjected to the death of their favorite character? Total mayhem! Going on record about the Death of Superman will be Paul Levitz and other DC staff as well as comic book artists throughout the industry. News clippings, reports and first-hand archival testimony from fans will be pieced together in a retrospective way. The featurette will also include a closer look at the dark Superman appearing in The Return of Superman graphic novel.
- The Artists Playground...From Art to Sound Design in Superman Doomsday - Producer Bruce Timm and his creative team of writers, animators and designers will take us on an exciting journey of character evolution. This documentary will focus on early character concept drawings, final character art, various stages of modeling, storyboards, animatics, layering of colors, voice talent and ultimately final animation.
- Justice League: The New Frontier - Sneak peak of the next DC Universe Original Movie
- Defeat Doomsday: Battle Challenge - Battle as Superman to defeat Doomsday in this fast-action, dexterity challenge which lets the users relive the epic battle with unique gameplay inter-cut with footage from the movie
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen (1.78:1)
- Audio: 5.1 Dolby Digital