You can bring home the film that shows us how a 60s cultural phenomena came to be on DVD and Blu-ray this December. Taking Woodstock will be released on DVD and Blu-ray on December 15. We don't have any pricing details as of yet, but you can take a look at the cover art and special features below. The film stars Demetri Martin, Eugene Levy, Liev Schreiber, Emile Hirsch, Imelda Staunton and Dan Fogler.
A generation began in his backyard. . .From Academy Award-winning director Ang Lee (Brokeback Mountain) comes Taking Woodstock, the comedy inspired by the true story of Elliot Tiber (Demetri Martin) and his family, who inadvertently played a pivotal role in making the famed Woodstock Music and Arts Festival into the happening that it was. When Elliot hears that a neighboring town has pulled the permit on a hippie music festival, he calls the producers thinking he could drum up some much-needed business for his parent's run-down motel. Three weeks later, half a million people are on their way to his neighbor's farm in White Lake, New York and Elliot finds himself swept up in a generation-defining experience that would change his life - and American culture - forever.
- Deleted Scenes
- - Peace, Love and Cinema: The fate of the world's most famous concert was in jeopardy until a man most have never heard of made a phone call. See how Focus Features combined humor and a lot good vibes to bring 1969 back to life. Featuring interviews with James Shamus, Ang Lee, Demetri Martin, Liev Schreiber, Emile Hirsch and Eugene Levy.
- - Feature Commentary: Travel back to Woodstock with director Ang Lee and writer James Schamus.
- - No Audience Required - The Earth Light Players: Dan Fogler gives viewers an inside look at who the Earth Light Players were and how their spirit influenced their cinematic recreation. (Blu-ray only)
- - BD-Live: Access the BD-Live(TM) Center through an Internet-connected player to download exclusive content, the latest trailers and more! (Blu-ray only)
- - My Scenes Sharing: Bookmark favorite scenes from Taking Woodstock, then share with BD-Live(TM) buddies!(Blu-ray only)