Universal wants to tell you something this month!
Academy Award nominee Don Cheadle delivers a critically acclaimed, unforgettable and powerful performance in the inspiring, feel-good and funny, true-life story of an outrageous and provocative ex con who overcame impossible odds by becoming a beloved radio personality and the voice of the people. Irreverent, emotional and touchingly funny, Talk to Me will be a must-own DVD experience.
From acclaimed director Kasi Lemmons (Eve's Bayou), Talk to Me is the powerful, irreverent and very funny real-life story of Ralph Waldo 'Petey' Greene (played by Don Cheadle from Crash), an outspoken ex con who talked his way into becoming an iconic radio personality in the 1960s, in Washington, D.C. Sparked by both the era's vibrant soul music and exploding social consciousness, Petey openly courted controversy at a white-owned station. Relying on his producer Dewey Hughes to run interference, Petey's unprecedented tell-it- like-it-is on air style gave voice and spirit to his community during an exciting and turbulent period in American history.
- Who is Petey Greene?: Actors and crew discuss the racial politics of the 60s and 70s, and the change of social commentary in radio
- Recreating P-Town: This feature highlights the music, fashion and production design of the film
- Deleted Scenes
- Running Time: 1 Hour 59 Minutes
- Layers: Dual Layers
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1, Full Frame 1.33:1
- Rating: R
- Rating Reason: pervasive language and some sexual content.
- Languages: English
- Sound: Dolby Digital 5.1
Dont't forget to also check out: Talk to Me