A foul-mouthed, hard-partying teddy bear and his 35-year-old best friend come together in the #1 comedy of the year, Ted, available on Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD and On Demand on December 11, 2012, from Universal Studios Home Entertainment. Directed by Seth MacFarlane, creator of television's uproarious and irreverent hits Family Guy and American Dad!, Ted stars Mark Wahlberg (Contraband, The Other Guys), Mila Kunis (Friends with Benefits, Black Swan), Joel McHale (Community), Giovanni Ribisi (Contraband, Avatar) and Seth MacFarlane as the voice of Ted.
The film's all-star cast also includes Family Guy favorites Jessica Barth, Alex Borstein, Ralph Garman and Patrick Warburton, as well as Sam J. Jones (Flash Gordon), Multi-Grammy Award-winning recording artist Norah Jones and newcomer Bretton Manley. Both the Blu-ray Combo Pack and DVD feature an unrated extended version of the film - featuring laugh-out-loud footage not shown in theaters - a gag reel, feature commentary with Seth MacFarlane and Mark Wahlberg and an insider's look at the making of the funniest buddy picture ever made.
Ted's outrageous, off-color antics won the hearts and minds of critics and audiences alike, with Peter Travers of Rolling Stone declaring the movie "hysterically funny" and Trey Alexander of Fandango.com calling it "an instant classic." A critically hailed blockbuster that took in more than $218 million in North America alone, Ted is the third highest grossing R-rated comedy of all time and scored the highest debut ever for an original R-rated comedy. Exclusively on the Ted Blu-ray Combo Pack are bonus features that include deleted scenes, alternate takes and a behind-the-scenes look at the creation of Ted's already legendary fight scene.
The Ted Blu-ray Combo Pack also includes a Digital Copy of the film, compatible with iPhone, iTunes, iPad, iPod, iPod touch, Android or online retail partners, as well as UltraViolet. UltraViolet is the revolutionary new way for consumers to collect movies and TV shows in the cloud to instantly stream and download to tablets, smartphones, computers, and TVs. Consumers can now truly enjoy Ted anytime, anywhere on the device of their choice.
Blu-ray and DVD Bonus Features:
- Ted Unrated Version
- - Gag Reel
- - Ted - The Making Of: Profiling the story of the film from inception to completion, this three-part documentary is filled with interviews and behind-the-scenes footage showcasing the entire cast and crew
- - Feature Commentary: Director and co-writer Seth MacFarlane, co-writer Alec Sulkin and star Mark Wahlberg participate.
Bonus Features Exclusive to the Blu-ray
- Deleted Scenes
- - Alternate Takes
- - Teddy Bear Scuffle: Watch how the filmmakers choreograph the awesome and hilarious Motel 6 fight scene between Mark Wahlberg and Ted.
- - UltraViolet: The revolutionary new way for consumers to collect movies and TV shows, store them in the cloud, and instantly stream and download to TV's, computers, tablets and smartphones. Consumers can now truly enjoy their movies and TV shows anytime, anywhere on the platform of their choice. Currently available in the Unites States as well as Canada.
- - Digital Copy: Viewers can redeem a digital version of the movie from a choice of retail partners to watch on an array of electronics and portable devices including computers, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, Android and more!
- - pocket Blu App: The popular free pocket Blu app for smartphones is now even better with newly updated versions for iPad, Android tablets, PC and Macintosh computers, with features made especially to take advantage of the devices' larger screens and high resolution displays.
- - Advanced Remote Control: A sleek, elegant new way to operate your Blu-ray player. Users can navigate through menus, playback and BD-Live functions with ease.
- - Video Timeline: Users can easily bring up the video timeline, allowing them to instantly access any point in the film.
- - Mobile-To-Go: Users can unlock a selection of bonus content with their Blu-ray discs to save to their device or to stream from anywhere there is a Wi-Fi network, enabling them to enjoy content on the go, anytime, anywhere.
- - Browse Titles: Users will have access to a complete list of pocket Blu-enabled titles available and coming to Blu-ray. They can view free previews and see what additional content is available to unlock on their device.
- - Keyboard: Entering data is fast and easy with your device's intuitive keyboard.
- - BD-Live: Access the BD-Live Center through your Internet-connected player to access the latest trailers, exclusive content and more!
Family Guy creator Seth MacFarlane delivers his boundary-pushing humor to the outrageous comedy blockbuster that critics are calling "hysterically funny!" (Peter Travers, Rolling Stone) John Bennett (Mark Wahlberg) is a grown man whose cherished teddy bear was brought to life as the result of a childhood wish...and hasn't left his side since. Can John's relationship with longtime girlfriend, Lori (Mila Kunis), move forward with his lovably profane buddy on his couch?