While The Amazing Spider-Man 2 was available for presale as early as late /electro-bust-included-with-amazing-spider-man-2-blu-ray-deluxe-edition/April, a few days before the film's release in theaters, we are just now getting word on all the exciting special features that this release has to offer. Sony is bringing the sequel home on digital HD starting August 5 followed by the Blu-ray and DVD release on August 19. Check out the cover art and everything that the release contains, then pre-order your own copy: CLICK HERE
While the release does not include the Marc Webb director's cut that fans petitioned long and hard for, there are a number of deleted scenes that will allow viewers more insight into what was cut from the film. There will be 13 deleted scenes in all, with one titled 'Peter Meets his Father'. Does this mean Parker's father is still alive? Or is this another flashback or dream sequence? We'll have to wait until the release hits stores to find out. Its also unclear if we'll actually get to see Divergent star Shailene Woodley as Mary Jane Watson in a set of notoriously axed scenes, or if we'll get the end-credits sequence where the mysterious Gustav Fiers reveals Norman Osborn's preserved head, which was leaked via photos on the internet before the film's release, but was instead replaced with a scene from X-Men: Days of Future Past.
Blu-ray & DVD Bonus Features Include:
- 4 All-New Deleted Scenes with Commentary by Marc Webb
- - Filmmaker Commentary
- - Alicia Keys "It's On Again" music video
Exclusively Available on Blu-ray:
- 9 Additional Deleted Scenes with Commentary by Marc Webb, including "Peter Meets His Father"
- - "The Wages of Heroism: Making The Amazing Spider-Man 2," featuring revealing, in-depth segments including:
- - "Lessons Learned: Development and Direction" - Filmmakers and cast discuss their approach to the sequel and their efforts to make it the best Spider-Man yet.
- - "Heart of the City: Shooting in New York" - A behind-the-scenes look at the film's unprecedented access to New York City during production.
- - "Triple Threat: Attack of the Villains" - An inside look at the development of Spider-Man's fearsome foes, Electro, the Green Goblin and Rhino.
- - "A More Dangerous World: Transforming Electro and the Green Goblin" - From make-up to costuming, see what it took to transform Jamie Foxx and Dane DeHaan into their fearsome alter-egos.
- - "A Bolt From the Blue: Visual Effects" - Sony Pictures Imageworks artists and animators show how they created the gravity defying, web-slinging and pumped-up action in the new film.
- - "Spidey Gets His Groove Back: Music and Editing" - Learn how the film's soundtrack and score came together in this behind-the-scenes look at jam sessions with Composer Hans Zimmerand the team of master musicians he assembled, including Pharrell Williams, Johnny Marr, Michael Einziger and more.