You can relive the first film adventure of Robert Langdon in 1080p before the second adventure hits the silver screen. The Da Vinci Code will be released on Blu-ray on April 28. This new two-disc set will be priced at $38.96 SRP and will also include the 174-minute extended cut that wasn't previously released in the United States. The film stars Tom Hanks, Audrey Tatou, Ian McKellan, Alfred Molina, Paul Bettany and Jean Reno.
The Da Vinci Code Blu-ray
Dan Brown's international bestseller comes alive in the film The Da Vinci Code, directed by Ron Howard with a screenplay by Akiva Goldsman. Join symbologist Robert Langdon (Academy Award Winner Tom Hanks, 1993 Best Actor, Philadelphia, and 1994 Best Actor, Forrest Gump) and cryptologist Sophie Neveu (Audrey Tautou) in their heart-racing quest to solve a bizarre murder mystery that will take them from France to England -- and behind the veil of a mysterious ancient society, where they discover a secret protected since the time of Christ. With first-rate performances by Sir Ian McKellen, Alfred Molina and Jean Reno, critics are calling The Da Vinci Code "involving" and "intriguing," "a first rate thriller."
- BD-Live: Cinechat - In-movie chat feature allows you to create "virtual" viewing parties and chat with your friends through your internet-connected Blu-ray player
- $10 e-Movie Cash for Angels & Demons, accessed instantly via BD-Live (also available by mail for those without BD-Live)
- Exclusive First Look at Angels & Demons, introduced by Ron Howard, featuring five minutes of footage from the film that can only be seen on The Da Vinci Code: Extended Cut Blu-ray Disc
- Unlocking the Code: This interactive picture-in-picture (I-PIP) feature will let you discover even more about The Da Vinci Code as you are enjoying the film. Once inside Unlocking the Code, keep an eye on the symbols that appear across the top of the screen. Each gives you direct access to trivia and behind the scenes footage that you can unlock with a click of your remote. When a symbol illuminates, just select it and hit enter to play. The footage, facts or images you've selected will appear on screen as you continue to watch the film. I-PiP streams include:
- Interviews: Hear from filmmakers and the cast.
- B-roll: Observe the action behind the scenes.
- Prop Talk: Learn how props were made.
- Storyboards: See the shots before the cameras rolled.
- Photos: Behind the scenes snapshots.
- Location Trivia: Fun facts about the different locations in the film.
- Langdon's Journey: Keep track of Langdon's every move.
- Symbols & Codes: discover hidden symbols put in place by filmmakers, including the enlightening Alchemic Journeys of our two heroes.
- New Commentary on Selected Scenes with Ron Howard
- First Day on the Set with Ron Howard
- A Discussion With Dan Brown
- A Portrait of Langdon
- Who is Sophie Neveu?
- Unusual Suspects
- Magical Places
- Close-up on Mona Lisa
- The Filmmakers' Journey
- The Codes of The Da Vinci Code
- The Music of The Da Vinci Code
- Book to Screen
- The Da Vinci Props
- The Da Vinci Sets
- Re-creating Works of Art
- The Visual Effects World of The Da Vinci Code
- Scoring The Da Vinci Code