2K, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. announced that The Da Vinci Code video game is now available at retail stores worldwide. Developed by The Collective, a division of Foundation 9 Entertainment, the video game is available for PC, Xbox® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system.
The Da Vinci Code video game is based on the highly anticipated film from Columbia pictures, which is based on Dan Brown's critically acclaimed, best-selling novel. In the game, players seek to "unlock the code" as they struggle to unravel a 2,000 year old mystery.
"The Da Vinci Code video game expands upon the plot in the film and book, allowing gamers to experience new adventures and solve new puzzles," said Christoph Hartmann, President, 2K. "The game takes players beyond anything they have seen or read."
An adventure and puzzle game with action elements, the video game features new plot twists and clues. In a race against time, players must try to stay one step ahead of an ominous, covert society that will stop at nothing to protect a secret locked away for centuries. The video game combines stealth, adventure, combat and puzzle-solving elements to create the ultimate adventure.
* Expands upon The Da Vinci Code universe by giving the player new experiences and locations not visited in the film or the book.
* Guide Robert Langdon and Sophie Neveu on their quest to solve a bizarre murder-mystery and uncover the ultimate treasure protected by an ancient secret society.
* A unique blend of puzzle-solving, stealth, combat and exploration.
* Explore detailed environments and discover hidden clues in world famous locations such as The Louvre, Westminster Abbey, Saint-Sulpice and more.
* Players must solve a wide variety of challenging physical and intellectual puzzles that will ultimately lead them to the resting ground of the Holy Grail.
* Charles Cecil, designer of the critically acclaimed title Broken Sword aided in the game design.
* Featuring an incredibly moving and haunting sound track, from acclaimed composer Winifred Philips.
From director Ron Howard, producer Brian Grazer and screenwriter Akiva Goldsman, the Oscar-winning team of A Beautiful Mind and producer John Calley (the Oscar-nominated The Remains of the Day), comes the film version of Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code, one of the most popular and talked about novels of our time, with a cast headed by two-time Academy Award winner Tom Hanks, Audrey Tautou, Sir Ian McKellen, Alfred Molina, Jurgen Prochnow, Paul Bettany and Jean Reno.
Produced by Grazer and Calley, The Da Vinci Code involves a thrilling murder investigation that unearths a secret that could change the course of history.
Doubleday has completed its 104th printing of the Dan Brown novel which will bring the total number of hardcover copies in print in North America to an unprecedented 12 million. It is the record-setting adult fiction hardcover bestseller, with 161 weeks on The New York Times bestseller list, 55 of them at #1. In addition, 5 million paperback copies for North America were printed and released in the U.S. market March 28th. The novel currently has 57 million copies in print worldwide in all formats.
The Da Vinci Code is rated T for Teen and is now available at retail stores worldwide.
For more information, visit http://www.thedavincicodegame.com.