Anchor Bay Home Entertainment has provided us with two brand new commentary clips from the highly-anticipated Blu-ray release of The Evil Dead, which will finally be in stores on August 31. Click on the video players below to watch these two commentary clips, one which features writer/director Sam Raimi, producer Robert G. Tapert and star Bruce Campbell discussing the casting of this cult classic, and the other featuring Raimi and producer Tapert talking about the make-up effects:
The Evil Dead is one of the most influential, landmark horror films of all time. Five college friends, including Ash (Bruce Campbell), drive to a remote cabin in the woods for a weekend of fun. Little do they realize that their fun will soon turn to fear, as an unstoppable supernatural force has been unleashed, surrounding and trapping them. One by one, they fall victim to the demonic forces at large, resurrected as murderous demons which can only be destroyed by dismemberment. Only Ash is left to combat the evil before it consumes the world. It'll be a fight to the death ... and to the undeath.
- All-NEW audio commentary with Writer/Director Sam Raimi, Producer Robert G. Tapert and Star Bruce Campbell.
- - A standard DVD contains the following bonus features, many returning for the first time in years, and available only for a limited time:
- - One By One We Will Take You: The Untold Saga of The Evil Dead
- - The Evil Dead: Treasures from the Cutting Room Floor
- - The Ladies Of The Evil Dead Meet Bruce Campbell
- - Book of The Dead: The Other Pages
- - Discovering The Evil Dead
- - Unconventional
- - At The Drive-In