I guess the world can always use another release of The Princess Bride.
In a story from DavisDVD, MGM will be bringing out the 20 Anniversary Edition of this title with a host of new extra features on November 13.
Based on William Goldman's novel of the same name, The Princess Bride is staged as a book read by grandfather (Peter Falk) to his ill grandson (Fred Savage). Falk's character assures a romance-weary Savage that the book has much more to deliver than a simpering love story, including but not limited to fencing, fighting, torture, death, true love, giants, and pirates. Indeed, The Princess Bride offers a tongue-in-cheek fairy tale depicting stable boy-turned-pirate Westley's journey to rescue Buttercup (Robin Wright), his true love, away from the evil prince (Chris Sarandon), whom she had agreed to marry five years after learning of what she had believed to be news of Westley's death. With help from Prince Humperdinck's disgruntled former employee Miracle Max (Billy Crystal), swordsman Inigo Montoya (Mandy Patinkin), and a very large man named Fezzik (Andre the Giant), the star-crossed lovers are reunited.
New DVD Features:
- "The Princess Bride: The Untold Tales"
- "The Art of Fencing" Featurette
- "Fairy Tales and Folklore" Featurette
- "True Love and High Adventure: The Official The Princess Bride DVD Game"
Old DVD Features:
- "Dread Pirate Roberts: Legend of the Seven Seas" Featurette
- "Love is Like a Storybook Story" Featurette
- "Miraculous Make-Up" Featurette
- "As You Wish" Featurette
- "Battle of Wits" Interactive Game
- Audio Commentary track
- Cast Retrospective
- Cary Elwes Home Video
- "Fezzik's Guide to Florin" Booklet
The Princess Bride DVD will sell for $19.98.