Tony Scott's thrilling summer heist remake The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3 is making its big DVD and Blu-ray debut on November 3rd. The release, which stars Denzel Washington and John Travolta, is packed to the gills with special features, and comes with a price tag of $28.96 SRP on DVD and $39.95 SRP on Blu-ray.
In The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3, Denzel Washington stars as New York City subway dispatcher Walter Garber, whose ordinary day is thrown into chaos by an audacious crime: The hijacking of a subway train. John Travolta stars as Ryder, the criminal mastermind who, as leader of a highly armed gang of four, threatens to execute the train's passengers unless a large ransom is paid within one hour. As the tension mounts beneath his feet, Garber employs his vast knowledge of the subway system in a battle to outwit Ryder and save the hostages. But there's one riddle Garber can't solve: Even if the thieves get the money, how can they possibly escape?
- Commentary with Director Tony Scott
- - Commentary with Writer Brian Helgeland and Producer Todd Black
- - No Time to Lose: The Making of Pelham 123
- - The Third Rail: New York Underground
- - Marketing Pelham
- - From the Top Down: Stylizing Character
- - Cinechat (Blu-ray only)