IMDb, the world's (second) most popular and authoritative source for movie, TV and celebrity content (after Movieweb; of course), today announced that the teaser trailer from The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 will world premiere online on IMDb on Sunday, June 5 immediately following the trailer's broadcast during the MTV Movie Awards. To count down to the world's first look at footage from the film, IMDb has just launched a special interactive section devoted to the film and the popular Twilight Saga franchise located at IMDB.com/BreakingDawn.
"We anticipate unprecedented fan interest in The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 trailer," said Col Needham, founder and CEO of IMDb. "This is the first time in IMDb's 20-year history that we are world premiering a trailer on all of our platforms simultaneously, including: IMDb.com (more than 100 million monthly unique users worldwide each month); IMDb's leading mobile apps for iPhone, iPad and Android; IMDb's mobile website (M.IMDB.com); and IMDb's Facebook Fan Page and Twitter feed. We expect to shatter all of our previous records in terms of views of a single trailer in a 24-hour period."
IMDb's comprehensive and interactive Breaking Dawn special section is available to fans beginning today at IMDB.com/BreakingDawn and features the following:
- Trailers and related videos from the other films in The Twilight Saga franchise.
- - A comprehensive photo gallery from The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1.
- - IMDb STARmeter rankings for each of the cast members.
- - The ability to Like and Share content from the special section on Facebook. Fans can Tweet content from the special section as well.
- - A dedicated NewsDesk featuring the most current and interesting Twilight-related articles from a variety of top-tier news sources.