You can bring home a remake of one of Universal's classic monster films on both DVD and Blu-ray this June. The Wolfman will be released on DVD and Blu-ray on June 1. We don't have any cover art images or pricing information as of yet, but we'll be sure to keep you posted on any updates with this title. The Blu-ray version will allow fans to stream the original 1941 film The Wolf Man right to their living room. The film stars Benicio Del Toro, Anthony Hopkins and Emily Blunt.
The werewolf legend returns in a blood curdling, high-energy thriller inspired by the Universal classic that launched a legacy of horror. Oscar winner Benicio Del Toro stars as Lawrence Talbot, an aristocratic Englishman who returns to his family estate after the mysterious death of his brother. Under the light of the full moon, Talbot is attacked by a terrifying beast and discovers his horrifying destiny. Oscar winner Anthony Hopkins plays Talbot's estranged father and Golden Globe winner Emily Blunt is his late brother's distraught fiancee in a lush nightmare that will terrify a new generation.
- Deleted Scenes
- - Extended Scenes
- - Access to more thrilling exclusive content through BD-Live, pocket BLU app and UniversalHiDef.com - includes the first ever online streaming of the original 1941 classic The Wolf Man. (Blu-ray only)
- - Two alternate endings not seen in theatres
- - Return of The Wolfman: This featurette will look at how Anthony Hopkins, Benicio Del Toro, Emily Blunt, Joe Johnston and the creative team behind this new retelling have tapped into the tragic roots of legend and cinematic lore to unleash a new terror for today's audience.
- - The Beast Maker: A detailed look at how make-up wizard Rick Baker transformed a classic monster into a modern nightmare!
- - Transformation Secrets: Whether transforming werewolves, producing hallucinogenic nightmares or recreating the fog-covered streets of Victorian London, this featurette will look at how the visual effects team has created a haunting world of moonlit monsters and unsettling thrills.
- - The Wolfman Unleashed: The team behind the stunt and action units share the physical challenges of bringing the Wolfman to life and creating a series of intense and action-oriented set pieces, climaxing with the dynamic werewolf battle at Talbot Hall.
- - pocket BLU app: USHE's groundbreaking pocket BLU app uses iPhone, iPod touch, Blackberry, Android, PC and Macintosh to work seamlessly with a network-connected Blu-ray player and offers advanced features such as:
- - Advanced Remote Control: A sleek, elegant new way to operate your Blu-ray player. Users can navigate through menus, playback and BD-Live functions with ease.
- - Video Timeline: Users can easily bring up the video timeline, allowing them to instantly access any point in the movie.
- - Mobile-To-Go: Users can unlock a selection of bonus content with their Blu-ray discs to save to their device or to stream from anywhere there's a Wi-Fi network, enabling them to enjoy exclusive content on the go, anytime, anywhere.
- - Browse Titles: Users will have access to a complete list of pocket BLU app-enabled titles available and coming to Blu-ray Hi-Def. They can view free previews and see what additional content is available to unlock on their device.
- - Keyboard: Enter data into a Blu-ray player with your device's easy and intuitive keyboard that will facilitate such Blu-ray features as chatting with friends and sending messages.
- - social BLU: Connect with friends on your favorite social networks to share information about your favorite movies, enjoy Blu-ray community features and more!
- - U-Control: Universal's exclusive feature that lets the viewer access bonus materials without leaving the movie!
- - Werewolf Legacy, Lore and Legend: This feature gives viewers a visual tour through more than seventy years of Universal's Wolf Man films and thousands of years of werewolf mythology.
- - Take Control: Special Makeup Artist Rick Baker , Visual Effects Producer Karen Murphy-Mundell and Director of Photography Shelly Johnson ASC take control of the viewing experience in this unique feature, offering a personal visual commentary by engaging with select scenes of the film to reveal details of the filmmaking process.