Warner Home Video has released three clips from Superman Vs. the Elite, which arrives on Blu-ray and DVD June 12. George Newbern and Pauley Perrette star as Superman and Lois Lane in this DC Comics Premiere Movie, where the Man of Steel has to deal with a new breed of heroes dubbed The Elite. Check out these scenes from the upcoming animated adventure.
In Superman Vs. the Elite, Superman's effectiveness as a super hero comes into question when a new group of super powerful crusaders, known as "The Elite," appear on the scene. As super heroes, the Elite know no bounds, and are more than willing to kill, even on a massive scale, to stop villainy -- putting them on a collision course with the ever-ethical, yet preferably non-lethal Man of Steel.
The all-new, PG-13 rated film is scripted by award-winning comics writer Joe Kelly and the story is adapted from his original 2001 DC Comics release, "What's So Funny About Truth, Justice and the American Way?" The single-issue comic, Action Comics #775, was lauded by Wizard Magazine as the "Greatest Superman Story of All Time," and ranked the epic tale at No. 21 on its list of the "Top 100 Comics of the last 30 years."
George Newbern (Father of the Bride) reprises his Justice League animated television role as Superman, and primetime television star Pauley Perrette (NCIS) provides the voice of Lois Lane. Downes steps in as Manchester Black, leader of The Elite. David Kaufman (Justice League: Doom) also reprises his Justice League TV series role as Jimmy Olsen.
- Standard and high definition versions of the feature film
- - UltraViolet™ Digital Copy*
- - Sneak Peak at Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 1, the next DC Universe Animated Original Movie
- - Featurette - "The Elite Unbound: No Rules, No Mercy" - A short documentary focused upon The Elite, and their arc of character throughout the comics. Even the anti-heroes have their own struggles ... and triumphs. It's all highlighted in this compelling film that begins with the inspiration of The Authority, and how The Elite became the answer to that book, and a fresh approach for DC Comics in the post 9/11 world. It was an unexpected twist to the pages of Action Comics, and this documentary summarizes the true potency of these Elite.
- - Featurette - "Superman and the Moral Debate" - There's a prevailing thought about ending terrorism and ridding our Earth of the maladjusted once and for all - by fighting fire with fire! This is the story of The Elite, a band of fringe Superheroes who were compelled to eradicate the Earth of its scum, its tyranny and evil once and for all, not with words, but with raw unadulterated action, designed to kill their opponents. This is their controversial story.
- - Creative team audio commentary
- - Two bonus episodes from Superman: The Animated Series handpicked by producer Alan Burnett: Brave New Metropolis and Warrior Queen.
- - Digital Comic -- Action Comics #775 -"What's So Funny About Truth, Justice & the American Way?"
- - All-Star Superman revisited: sneak peak
- - Batman/Superman: Public Enemies revisited: sneak peak
- - Photo Gallery - The upcoming The Dark Knight Rises Theatrical Release